Premed 101 Forums

Bursaries

Guest Trinity Chat

Guest Trinity Chat

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when do first year incoming medicine students generally find out if they will be receiving a bursary or scholarship?

I think I remember when I recieved my interview invitation, the bursary application info said that we would recieve a quote along with our acceptance offer if we applied by a certain date. But I haven't recieved a notification although I applied for the bursary the day after my interview.

trinity

Guest aneliz

If you applied for a bursary online in the spring, you should have been notified with your offer of admission.

If you have not yet applied, get on the registrar's website and apply NOW. The faster you apply, the faster you will know.

Here is the link: /www4.registrar.uwo.ca/se...mBurs1.cfm

Average bursary for first year is ~$2600

Guest Elaine I

Do most students who are OSAP eligible get bursaries? Are the amounts dependent upon the amount of need that OSAP determines you have? If not, what other factors does UWO consider?

Thanks for the info,

Elaine

Guest aneliz

Most people get a bursary... there are very, very few in my class that I have heard that *didn't* get a bursary (mostly OOP people with substantial assets/family support).

The bursary form asks about how much OSAP you have gotten, how much debt you are carrying, what assets you have (car, etc), employment income, savings, investments, etc. Pretty much the same as what OSAP asks for.

Guest mdhopeful23

hi,

my bursary info came with my admission offer. it wasnt alot, lol, but every bit helps...

i also filled in the bursary application form in april, which i assume allowed financial aid time to assess my need. if you didnt get a quote with your acceptance, maybe this is why?

i kinda found the western bursaries a bit cheepo compared to what some of the other med schools offered (ie. 5k at mac). im hoping next year im eligable for a bit more...:rolleyes

Archived