Premed 101 Forums

Student number?

Guest Gill0927

Guest Gill0927

Hi all,

I have a quick question for anyone who can answer it: when will we receive student numbers from Western? I'm asking because I want to get a parking pass, and for the application I need a student number, I think.

Thanks, and see you in August,

Gill :b

Guest therealcrackers

Your student number should come with your fee bill -- and that should arrive by the first week of August if not sooner. Med students have the drop on everybody else, because you can physically be there to get the parking passes the first day they become available; most of the undergrads are either late arriving or too busy with O-week...

Check with admissions (by e-mail, and be prepared to say it's low priority) and they will get back to you with an idea of when the fee bills come.

Guest aneliz

Of course the other bonus is that you are considered a grad student for parking...so you aren't competing with the undergrads for parking passes anyway. I don't know if there is anyway to get your student # before your tuition bill...but you could try calling either admissions or the registrars office to find out. If you have only recently been accepted, it is possible that you have not been assigned a student number yet...

Guest Ninja

I'm pretty sure I got a temporary student number assigned to me so I could apply for the Bayfield apartments last summer. I can't remember how I got it, but I'm sure you just call the registrar, give them your info (hi, I'm a new medical student!) and then explain why you need a temporary student number.

Archived