Premed 101 Forums

has anyone received a rejection/waitlist yet?

Guest Gill0927

Guest Gill0927

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all who have heard good news!

I was just wondering if anyone had received a rejection or waitlist letter yet. I just checked my mail today (Wednesday) and now I've heard from all schools except Western...it's really weird. I'm in Ottawa, by the way. Does Western send out rejections at the same time as acceptances???

Thanks and congrats/good luck to all,

Gill

Guest Steve U of T

I've also received today's mail (in Toronto), and still nothing from Western. On UWO's forum TimmyMax posted that some letters (acceptances included) were sent out on Monday, by regular mail.

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I just heard that I got waitlisted. I actually emailed Darla (she was very nice considering the volume of calls she is getting) as she indicated that they cannot say over the phone what is going on.

So, I am on the waitlist at UWO.

A little more waiting can't hurt....or can it!

Guest PaniDoktor

Hey!

I heard from all other schools, too. I'm in at UotT and Ottawa, and planning to provisionally accept the former :) .

I called Darla today to beg for my status, since I'm leaving for Europe very soon. She actually called back and told me that I'm on the waitlist. She said that 'the acceptances have been sent out' (duh!), which makes me think that the rejections / waitlists went out a little later ... I didn't know they could do that, I thought that everything must be sent on the 28th of May. Anyhow, I'm just speculating.

Good luck!

Guest Ticket

Hey Pani,

I'm sorry you never got accepted first round at Western, since I know it was your first choice!!! Who knows what'll happen during the waitlist round, though!!

I haven't gotten a letter yet here in Kingston, so I guess I've been rejected/waitlisted from that school too.

Have fun in Europe!

Guest mydream88

Hi all,

so i have yet to receive notification from UWO about my status in the mail :(

I contacted admissions and someone told me that it would not be possible to receive answers regarding my status over the phone. I was also told something else I found interesting: if you are rejected post-interview, you WILL NOT be receiving ANY notification. I asked the person to clarify, and they repeated the same thing. can anyone else vouch for this?

mydream88:\

Guest surajca

Hi everyone, I just e-mailed Darla, since I have'nt heard from them (Im in Toronto). I received a reply in about 10 minutes saying that I was on the waitlist. So any of you who havent heard can try this out I guess...

Guest thesaug

Hi mydream88,

The UWO waitlist moves a ton!!! Dont worry and have faith! Im rootin for you all the way!

Good luck!

thesaug

Guest PaniDoktor

That's good to hear, mydream88! A waitlist is MUCH better then a rejection. And thanks Ticket - while Western is my first choice, I'll be thrilled to go to UofT if the waitlist is not kind to me :)

Good luck to those still waiting :)

Guest aneliz

I have no idea what is going on in the office right now... last year (and as far back as I know) offers were sent out by expresspost and everything else by regular mail...and they were ALL mailed on the release date. However, one possible problem is that there is a brand new staff member in the admissions office....she started on May 25 (like a week ago!) and may not be fully informed of what is going on. Go easy on Darla, she is trying to deal with everything as fast as possible (she comes in at 6 each morning to do e-mail!) and hopefully things will surface in the mail in the next few days.

I will see what I can find out...but with exams in full swing, it may be a couple of days before I can get in to the office.

Guest Apna

That is truly bizarre, mydream... I hope that's not true... those people who don't read this forum may be sweating it out indefinitely!

Guest MikeD

I promised myself I wouldn't bother the folks at admissions, but I might have to 'cause I'm going nuts here (Western was the only school I could apply to).

The next few days might test this "rejection = no letter" idea, although hopefully it's not true. I'm nearly 100% positive the address I told UWO to use was my parent's London address, which is about 10 minutes from UWO. The other possible address they could have used is my Waterloo address...about a 50 minute drive away. It's sort of disheartening knowing accepted people in Sask heard on the 1st, while accepted people in Alberta and waitlisters from farther than me have heard today.

Hopefully something comes tomorrow.

Guest aneliz

While I don't have anything confirmed, I would be really, really surprised if UWO was not sending *anything* to the people that got outright rejected. This wouldn't be kind. I will do my best to see what I can find out...but it is exam week and I don't think that I will be into med sci before Fri around noon...this is all very strange...

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Does anyone know Darla's e-mail...it's now thursday, and my mail still didn't bring any news, nothing at all...It would be nice to know something tho...Thanks in advance :)

~pea~

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey mydream,

Could I get Darla's email from you as well? I'm going insane here wondering about where I'm at with UWO.

RotD

Guest Nops

Try this:

Edited to remove Darla's personal e-mail address...direct ALL admission inquires to the following:

admissions@fmd.uwo.ca

Bil :evil

Guest aneliz

Please use the admissions e-mail address rather than Darla's personal e-mail address to inquire about your application:

admissions@fmd.uwo.ca

This is important so that your questions get answered. Darla's e-mail is read by Darla only (and she filters it), meaning that if she is not in for a day (or a week - she is going on vacation soon) you will not get a response. However, the admissions e-mail account is checked by other staff members as well..so you should get your answer faster.

Make sure that you include your OMSAS number in the e-mail.

Archived