Premed 101 Forums

has anyone received a rejection/waitlist yet?

Guest Gill0927

Guest RageoftheDragon

Thanks Aneliz. Ian should hand out awards for helpfulness on these forums...and you would get one for sure.

RotD

Guest kooty

Hi Everyone

Did you get a quick response from the admissions office? I emailed them yesterday and no reply yet. I know some people got very quick responses....ugh..FRUSTRATION!

Guest CalicoKal

Hi guys,

I emailed the admissions people. I'm waitlisted and Darla told me in my email that "letters are being sent out tomorrow." Just so people know...

Guest Apna

I just got the exact same email back from Darla, CalicoKal

more waiting... yeesh... they should mail liquor store coupons along with the waitlist letters... j/k

Guest choti

In her email to me, Darla told me that waitlist letters go out Friday. I am not sure about rejection letters, or whether UWO simply waitlists everyone. I hope this helps :)

Guest CalicoKal

I didn't think the waitlist/rejection letters that have arrived would have shot my confidence to hell as much as they have, but suddenly I'm just so damned depressed about everything :(

Hopefully I'll get some good news soon... In the mean time I drink my sorrows away at my convocation...

Guest MikeD

It's so weird that some waitlist letters went out last Friday (or Monday) and the rest are going out tomorrow. I'm sure we're all over-analyzing this a bit much, but it's hard to deal with the limbo some of us are in.

I'm cracking like the rest and emailing admissions

Guest choti

Hi MikeD,

I don;t think ANY waitlist/rejection letters have actually been mailed out yet. From what Darla told me in her email, all waitlist letters are being mailed tomorrow (friday)...the people who know they are waitlisted know because they emailed admissions, but the actual letters have not been snail-mailed yet. Or am I wrong, and does someone know for a fact that some waitlist letters have ALREADY been snail mailed? someone help me, I am confused now :( .

Guest MikeD

Hi Choti,

I was confused because Blinknoodle mentions receiving a waitlist letter postmarked May 31st on the first page of this thread. If they have been sent, it's weird isn't it that some were sent out so much sooner than some others.

Guest blinknoodle

sorry guys!

I read my letter a but more closely this time and saw it was from Toronto (not Western). hahaha. :rollin

I emailed Western this morning, and Darla confirmed I was on the waitlist and the letters would be sent out today.

May the lists move!

-bn

Guest therealcrackers

I went there for another reason, and was told that waitlist letters will be sent out TODAY. They were working on them when I went in, so they should go out in the mail today, and should arrive early next week. Good luck to everybody!!!

Guest RageoftheDragon

Waitlisted as well.

So...for all those trying to decide between UWO and another school...I hear UWO is really bad...yeah...really really bad;) .

Move Waitlist...MOVE!

And GO CALGARY!!! Bringing the cup back to Canada!

RotD

Guest ClimbOn

Checked my email right after I woke up and.....I'm waitlisted. Well, at least I'm not outright rejected. Sigh...the wait goes on.

Guest jwalker

hey guys,

did anyone email admissions and NOT get a response. I emailed them on june 2 and they never got back to me. I figured it was because I reached their email limit and they were stopping the responses, but it seems that others have gotten notification after my email. anyways uwo is my last hope so i'm of course getting paranoid as to why i didn't get a response aka. REJECTED. so if anyone else is in the same boat that'd be nice to know. thanks

Guest Chapsony

Hey walker,

haven't heard a peep....maybe we are not priority to them, which is not a good thing.

Oh well, I think I will try to move on and start planning for next year.

Sony

Guest aneliz

You are a priority to them...however, the office is in chaos at the moment like it has never been before. Darla is coming in at 6 in the morning to try and deal with things and I think that she may even be in today as well (Sat.) She is working as hard and as fast as possible (she is seen running down the hallways of med sci....)

Back in February, Darla's right-hand woman (Barbara) retired on about two days notice (long story, don't ask)...and since then, Darla has been trying to do TWO jobs. She has organised and run interview weekends (she didn't have a single day off in >3 weeks), she has gone through and entered ALL of the interview score sheets up (and checked them each twice to make sure that she didn't mis-add) - and with 400 interviewees x 3 score sheets each x 4 pages of scores = ~4800 sheets of paper that Darla (by herself) has added and rechecked (twice each). She then had combine these with the MCAT and GPA's to get a rank list...again which was checked multiple times to make sure it was right. In the middle she had to organise and run convocation for the fourth years (including all of the awards, etc), deal with the fallout of people in 1st and 2nd year that needed to defer an exam/were very stressed out/sick etc and then try and get all of the admissions packages put together (ie stuff envelopes, recheck again, label them all and get them in the mail)...Again, Darla does this mostly herself. Darla prides herself on being organised and meeting deadlines...and with having to cover the rest of the office as well without Barbara, she has had to do all of the phone answering and admissions e-mail replying too (and admissions gets ~200 e-mails/day)...she has been a real stress ball.

Last Tues (May 24) a replacement for Barabara started working...which means that Darla now has somebody to 'help' her that doesn't know the first thing about the school's procedures and needs to be trained...so she is doing that too..on top of trying to get all of the letters out. There was a screw-up of some description with letters this year....I don't know the exact details because I have not been able to actually talk to Darla (too busy!) and she has been scrambling all week to get the remaining stuff out ASAP...while trying to deal with the additional phone and e-mail load of people trying to find out their status and train a new staff member. Normally she would not be releasing your status over the phone/e-mail...she is doing that because she feels terrible that you don't already know and she is trying to help you out...but it is taking up A LOT of her time.

Please be nice to Darla...she cares A LOT about what you guys think of UWO and she is trying her best to get info out as fast as possible...she is coming in at 6 in the morning to answer your e-mails.... and she is working as fast as possible. really. I know it sucks not to know...but it is not that UWO doesn't care...and it was not intended to happen like this. If your e-mail didn't get answered, it is possible that it either didn't get there or it got somehow lost in the pile of others...try re-sending.

Guest Chapsony

Hi Aneliz,

Sorry, that is not what I meant. When I said not a priority, it meant that those who were accepted were tops and then waitlisted and rejected people were second and third on the list. I mean I care about my status but if I find out today tomorrow or next week it is not that big a deal. Its just tough to know others (most) know their status and some of us don't.

Just for the record I think UWO is amazing and I really wanted to go. Thanks for being very informative and understanding and I hope next year will be a little better.

Sony

Guest aneliz

Hey,

That was the screw up...the acceptance packages were ready to go...but, from the rumour I heard, somehow the waitlist stuff got delayed/lost/destroyed (because the letters are different) somewhere in the prep stage... So, the 'rescue the letters' mission has been up and running all week...but the acceptance packages weren't affected - so no delay. Darla has been advising waitlistees of their status all week (starting on Monday) by phone or e-mail...if they contacted her.

Archived