Premed 101 Forums

Accepted?!?

Guest Ian Wong

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks timmy. I spent all weekend convinced I wasn't going to get in anywhere, so I was so happy (and relieved) to get the letter!

Not sure yet. Ottawa is my first choice, so I'm hoping for a good waitlist letter. I'm still waiting to hear from Queen's (2nd choice) as well, but if those two don't work out, I will be more than happy to attend Western !

Guest Jixe

Congrats on being accepted to UWO!

If possible, could you guys leave post on the thread: Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Thanks!

Guest PaniDoktor

Yeah, people seem so secretive on the UWO forum!

(I'm just super-jealous that they got mail and I didn't :b . Great job guys! ).

Guest T dawg 2004

So... I guess, London it is!

I just got word today - they need confirmation that i've taken a non-science course wherein you have to write an essay (no prob, i've taken plenty - but i need to get a prof to vouch for me... so i gotta take care of that).

Teresa

Guest mdhopeful23

hi, i tried posting last nite, but the server was busy...i got accepted to western!

i went to check the mail on my lunch yesterday and came up empty-handed...ended up back at the box at 8pm...low and behold, 3 letters of acceptance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its all unreal...it really hasn't sunk in! i had 3 interviews, and now 3 offers...whoa....

Guest JSS02

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far... :)

And for anyone on the waitlist, don't worry too much. If it's anything like past years,there should be offers going out until later in the summer.

Guest deamd

Yay, got the letter today!

NOT priority post, as some have been saying, and in a medium-sized white envelope...

Same requirement for the essay course to be proven (no trouble)...

So now decision time it is!!! Yikes! To move to BC or to stay here...

HMMMMMM

Congrats everyone else, and hang in there to everyone still waiting!!

Dea

Guest RageoftheDragon

Hey, for anyone receiving the letters, would you mind putting where you are from?

I'm going insane out here in Saskatchewan, especially since I've learned it's snailmail. It'll be a nice 2 month delay, knowing Sk.

RotD

Guest mydream88

RageoftheDragon,

I am waiting to hear news from UWO too :\ . If you have not heard anything by the end of the week, why don't you try to give admissions a call, it couldn't hurt. I suspect they wouldn't mind anyone calling by then, snail mail can be KILLER!

mydream88

Guest Apna

hey Rage...

I'm still waiting out west in Victoria too :\

we've waited months... a few more days SHOULD be bearable, but somehow they're not

Guest T dawg 2004

mydream88:

good luck with everything yourself!! you've been a very helpful, cheerful and excited person throughout this year on the message board and you deserve the best! i hope things go the way you want!!

T

Guest Lorae

I'm in Alberta and got my acceptance today :) . I'll be declining though so there will be a slot opening for one of the waitlisted. I'll add my stats to the accepted/waitlisted/rejected thread.

Congrats to all who are accepted!!

Guest RageoftheDragon

Y'know, this reminds me of an exam. There's one case, where you get a 90, and you're happy to get the 4.0 mark. But when you get the 98/99, it sucks worse than the 90, as you just missed it. The waiting now is like that, where the few extra days are the root of insanity.

RotD

Guest therealcrackers

It sucks waiting on the mail every day... but at least the above isn't true. Hold on everybody who's waiting for that "postcard" from London --- it's coming soon. Good luck, and hopefully your patience will be rewarded.

If it hasn't come by Monday next week, might be worth inquiring; and as aneliz said, have your OMSAS number with you for ANY correspondence.

RotD --- maybe this time we'll get to meet (remember the upstairs/downstairs party?)

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I always loved getting 90 right on the dot- that way you got the same mark as the people who busted their butts to try for the 100, but came up oh so short in the grander scheme of things (98/99 indeed- kind of like finishing 2nd at the Indy 500 if you ask me! :P ).

Ah yes, the infamous 'upstairs/downstairs' party, featuring the UWO Interview Weekend 2004 foosball championships. it doesn't get any better than that! Actually it does, but you'll have to come here and experience that for yourself! :)

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest lcloh

was i at that party? i don't remember much about that night... ;)

just kidding. ah, those were the days... those were the days.. *cries over his endocrine notes*

Guest RageoftheDragon

Oi! The upstairs downstairs party, that was twisted. So many people, yet so few who I could talk to..haha. Yeah, I really want Western, so the fingers have been breakin from being crossed so hard.

RotD

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there deamd,

So now decision time it is!!! Yikes! To move to BC or to stay here...
Congratulations! :D Do you mind if I ask: are you an out-of-province applicant to BC, or an out-of-province applicant to UWO?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest aimshigh

I got the letter yesterday in Calgary! Wahoo!:rollin

My Dad picked up the mail and phoned me at work. Within 30 seconds my whole office was crowded around my desk before I was even off the phone! One of the management folks brought down a bottle of champange and I got the rest of the day off!!! What an insanely good day!

Aimshigh

Guest mydream88

Thank you T dawg 2004, that is kind :)

I wish the best for you too. Awesome news about UWO, i hope you celebrated accordingly;)

good luck and all the best,

mydream88:)

Archived