Premed 101 Forums

Accepted?!?

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

Figured I'd just get everything started in each Ontario forum before the big day. :) Best of luck to everyone who is waiting for word from UWO!!!

Ian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Apna

I posted this last night... somehow it was deleted... maybe it's considered offtopic, I dunno

anyways, is UWO going to call people ahead of time and TELL them that their acceptance letter is on its way, or are they going to let people sweat it out and tackle their mailman?

Guest aneliz

UWO does not call/e-mail applicants about admissions decisions...so, you will have to set up camp beside your mailbox and wait for the mail to come. If you feel the need to stalk/tackle your letter carrier...that is up to you! :b The notification is the letter...nothing else.

Guest Ian Wong

I didn't delete anything, and I'm pretty sure none of the other UWO moderators did either. Maybe the post didn't make it for some reason?

Anyway, good luck to all! Please post your results here on this thread once you receive your letters! :)

Ian

Guest chiapet921

Something completely different, but just wondering what CAN happen to some ppl...let's say that they get accepted at school A, waitlisted at school B...and they really really want to go to school B...would they accept A and wait for B? but then wouldn't accepting A remove you from consideration at B?

What can one do in a situation like that?

Just something to ponder over this weekend...:P

I think that you can put in a conditional acceptance at school A, rather than a firm acceptance. This keeps you on the waitlist at school B. As of July 2 (?), all conditional acceptance become firm acceptances, and you would then be removed from the waitlist.

Guest Apna

I dunno... I guess I didn't wait to see if my question uploaded properly! :P

anyways... thanks for the info... now I can concentrate on the postal service rather than the telephone

good luck everyone!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

glo has it right on the money- the situation outlined by chiapet is exactly the purpose of the conditional acceptance. Of course, there is the deadline when all conditional acceptances become firm acceptances, and then if you are still bent on going to the school you are waitlisted at, you will have to surrender your guaranteed offer of acceptance at School A in favour of School B's waitlist and then you will be at the mercy of School B (there is no guarantee that you will actually get in and you might have very well given up your acceptance for nothing) until they fill their class. Of course, by giving up your firm acceptance at School A, you'll be able to keep your place on multiple school's waitling lists, should that be the case, but remember as soon as you firmly accept a school's offer of admission, you name is automatically withdrawn from all other schools' waiting lists.

Best of luck!

Timmy

I am soo happy! :rollin

I went home on lunch and checked my mail, and there it was, a large white envelope. I freaked out and scared my poor cat...I don't think the fur on her back will ever lie flat again!

Good luck everyone!

Guest mydream88

nice glo! awesome :rollin congrats!

you give hope that letters COULD arrive today.

so, where are you located?

mydream88:D

Guest chiapet921

Hi there!~

Yes, letters were indeed sent out on May 28 (postmarked as so)...

And they've arrived here in Scarborough....:)

Guest Adamanda

Congrats everyone! Wish I could be home checking my mailbox.

Anyone luck out and receive one of those $20 000/yr scholarship too?

Guest Steve U of T

Congratulations to those who were accepted.

I'm at work too. I wish there were at least somebody at home I could call. I guess I'll have to wait a few more hours before finding out. I waited 7.5 months, I can wait another 3-4 hours.

Guest medschoolboy

for those that didn't get acceptances, does this mean that we got rejected cuz we didn't get it in the mail yet (ontario applicants)? i think only acceptances are priority mail

Archived