Premed 101 Forums

question....

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

Hi...i had a question....i've misplaced my info package from UWO, so i thought i would ask here....

I was granted an interview, and i know that i now need to provide my final transcripts...do i give these to UWOmed office, or do i send them to OMSAS...i cant remember....anyone know for sure?

Anyone have the adress that we send it to?

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I'm pretty sure that your final transcripts go to OMSAS and not to the individual schools- OMSAS will forward them to the appropriate schools for you.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest aneliz

That is correct...address changes, surrogate decision makers and transcripts ALL go to OMSAS...not the individual schools directly.

Guest aneliz

No idea...check the information you got from OMSAS...or the OMSAS website. It used to be ~June 15ish the year I applied...but that was 2 years ago.

Guest iceapatel

do all people who had interviews need to send in their final transcripts? or did they ask you specifically, nonce?

- Anish

Guest nonce

No, they did not ask me specifically.

I believe the request for final transcripts was made in either one of the OMSAS confirmation letters that were sent out, or, in the Western letter.....i cant remember as I have thrown out both packages.......

Guest aneliz

Everyone that received an interview needs to submit an updated transcript to OMSAS before the deadline. The only exception is those that were NOT registered in undergrad programs during the past year (ie nothing has changed on their transcript since Oct). OMSAS sent us a letter and release form to get the transcript in around mid-May of the year we applied...all you had to do was sign it and send it in (with $$ of course!) and they did it for you.

If you are itching to get it out of the way, you can do it now (before OMSAS asks). Just get your registrar to send a transcript to OMSAS...but MAKE SURE THAT YOUR OMSAS NUMBER IS INCLUDED ON THE TRANSCRIPT THAT YOUR REGISTRAR SENDS. OMSAS will not accept transcripts from you...you must have the registrar send the transcript directly to OMSAS.

Guest aneliz

They do get it electronically...if you sign the form that you send them...but they need you to 'release' the transcript to them (ie prove to your registrar that they have your permission to get this transcript). The release that you did electronically in the fall only allowed them to obtain that transcript (ie in Oct) and does not allow them to get this one. And of course, they need you to either send them a cheque or give them a credit card number to pay for this transcript too...

But, if you are impatient, you can do it 'manually' by dealing with your own registrar and have them send a transcript (however they would like to to that) to OMSAS with your OMSAS reference # clearly stated.

I personally would likely sit tight and wait for OMSAS to send the forms out...they should be coming!

Archived