Premed 101 Forums

Orientation Week

Guest Clair Huxtable

Guest Clair Huxtable

hello everyone,

just a quick question about the orientation week. The Handbook mentioned that the week's events were open to "spouses and significant others". Considering that we pay an $80.00 fee for the week and there are several dinners going on, I was wondering which of the events will be open to guests and which are just for the class. Should I expect additional costs for any of the events?

Oh yeah, for anyone who may have inquired already....

If you've completed undergrad at UWO and still have a valid student # and email, will you be retaining these or getting new ones?

Thanx

hey there,

I went the same path as you did, did my undergrad at UWO and got into med school here too. your student number, e-mail and all other info on your file (address, phone nos, etc) will remain the same.

if you entered different information in your OMSAS app you should check your address on myUWO and get it changed if need be - they do NOT automatically replace your undergrad details with your application details!

other than that your S/N and e-mail will remain the same.

Cheers.

As for sig others and extra fees and stuff, I don't really know - been out of the planning loop for a while.

You can direct any questions you have about O-Week to ilovesteveandjoe@hotmail.com - that's the official O-Week address for our two O-Week coords.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Cheers!

Guest Clair Huxtable

Thanks adlinner and Icloh

I'll contact the O-week co-ords. I probably should have gone there first but it's just a habit after this whole process to go to the forums when you need some info. :)

Thanks again.

See u guys in a few weeks

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

I'm sure that it will be alright- I bring random people off the street to events all the time! I wouldn't worry about your guest being charged for anything, but it wouldn't hurt to contact the coordinators just to be safe.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest therealcrackers

We had to pay to bring guests to the semi-formal and one other special event... but the special events change year-to-year, and I have no idea what the O-week czars have cooked up this year.

Guest aneliz

I also remember there being a charge to bring guests to the semi-formal...but don't worry, it wasn't too much and you were able to pay during O-week itself (no need to worry now..)

See you soon!

Guest UWOMED2005

Or you could save some $$ my getting the rid of old mate and picking up someone new who already has O-week admission covered. :)

That would be someone in 2006 or 2007. . .

Of course I am joking. And no, I am not someone with free admission to events. 'Xcept the boatrace, I mean Fanshawe.

Archived