Premed 101 Forums

Final Transcripts

Guest Krish

Guest Krish

Hey Timmy/Andrea,

I am sorry to keep bringing this up, but perhaps its because I am stupid and can't understand.

On the Western interview package it states that transcripts of the final year must be received by Western no later than June 30th INCLUDING THOSE ON THE WAITLIST.

What doesn't make sense is that for those whose two years include the final year, how can it be included in the determination of the final offers if the transcript reaches the school on June 30th and initial offers are mailed out by May 30th?

Thanks in advance.

Krish

Guest lcloh

Maybe TimmyMax and Andrea will correct me on this, but if you have only one year >3.70 thus far and you are offered admission or put on the waitlist, it will be CONDITIONAL upon your last year being >3.70.

Thus, you will need to send in a transcript to prove that your last year was >3.70 as well - and this must be provided to UWO by the end of June.

Sidenote because I know some people won't read it carefully: If you have two years >3.70 then this obviously does not apply to you.

Guest Krish

Lawrence.....so you are implying that only one year will be used in determining initial offers, but two years above 3.7 are required for final admission. Correct?

Krish

Guest lcloh

Yes, if you only have one year, you will be assessed based on one year. That's what happened to me last year... my first-year was N/C coz I did it overseas, and my second-year was 3.65+. So I received an offer conditional on my last-year transcript showing 3.65+.

Guest aneliz

The admissions office is very evasive about disclosing exactly how the GPA score is calculated for the 25% GPA part...we aren't exactly sure if it is based on your one best year or on two years (if you have them completed). It used to be that they used your one best year to calculate the GPA score (because we also had to have the cut in our last year). Now that this has changed, I don't know exactly how this impacts you.

Bottom line is that it probably won't appreciably matter. The interview is what really determines who is going to get in at UWO. If you did well on your interview, it doesn't matter if you have 3.70! You will still get accepted long before somebody with a 4.00 that didn't do as well on the interview.

Good luck!

Guest Krish

Hey all,

Just to put this issue to rest - I have e-mailed Admissions and the reply was that the best GPA (above 3.7) will be used in the final ranking. The GPA of your current year will not be used in the ranking order(but you will need two years above 3.7 if it means including final year).

Good luck!

Krish

Archived