Premed 101 Forums

When does McGill send out BsC invites/regrets for Cegep students?

folklore

19 minutes ago, folklore said:

Just wondering, when should McGill send out invites/regrets for BsC programs that only require grade transcripts for cegep students? I applied on the 26th and they just received my transcripts

edit: by invite I mean acceptance lol sorry

hi! on their website, it says that for my B Sc program (PT/OT), acceptances are released anytime from end of February to mid-may for Cegepiens.... They say for "competitive programs" we might get them later rather than sooner in February (which makes sense, considering that they need the latest casper tests - 23th feb- and it takes like 2-3 weeks for them to be rated by Casper)

For Cegepiens, do you know what percentage is cote r / casper? I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it !

On 3/3/2021 at 3:11 PM, alex686 said:

hi! on their website, it says that for my B Sc program (PT/OT), acceptances are released anytime from end of February to mid-may for Cegepiens.... They say for "competitive programs" we might get them later rather than sooner in February (which makes sense, considering that they need the latest casper tests - 23th feb- and it takes like 2-3 weeks for them to be rated by Casper)

For Cegepiens, do you know what percentage is cote r / casper? I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it !

For med: I think it is 10% CV/20% CASPer/70% Cote R, then if you get invited 100% for the interview :) 

I couldn’t find it either for PT:unsure:

Dunno the percentage for PT but nursing also requires the CASPer and when I sent them an email asking what % the CASPer weighs in the application, they didn't give me a clear response and said they will just see if the candidate meets a certain cut-off. So I think they will see what your score is in the CASPer and if it's equal or above their standards/cut-off, they then look at the grades to rank candidates and give out offers.