Premed 101 Forums

Revamp at western

Guest grandmellon

Guest grandmellon

Just to let everyone know.. that there will be changes in admission at western in the future... I'm not going to say what... but it's for the best! (inside sources) :rollin

Guest Ian Wong

I hear they're going to give the student reps final decision-making ability over the selection process. Either that, or they'll deliver your rejection/acceptance letter in 30 days or less, or IT'S FREE!

Ian

Guest aneliz

We've been found out Timmy!!!! We have an entirely new and improved personal selection process all worked out...and we thought that it was top secret...but apparently our secret has leaked....so, we might as well let you all in on the good news... the new selection procedure includes funfilled events like:

1. Helicopter game high score sudden death challenge

2. Clean up after your very own med student

3. A fun game show called "does this look infected to you?"

4. Help out with construction around med sci

5. A boat race....

And....a special event that is far to secret to post here....confirmed by a very reliable inside source....oh it's good...and you're all gonna LOVE it.....I'm surprised that they didn't think of this one YEARS ago......it is such an improvement over the current situation.....and I'd love to tell you.....but......I can't.......darn ad comm swears us all to secrecy.......

The best part of the new procedures....it isn't even thirty days or its free....its thirty MINUTES or its free....by using the events outlined above we will be able to immediately determine if you are worthy to be one of us!!!! And our word will be absolutely final....with no possibility of appeal....ever.

;)

More seriously: All schools are constantly in the process of updating/adapting/altering their procedures for admissions because they are all aware of the flaws in the current systems. UWO is no exception. However, changing procedures and admisison requirements is a long, drawn out and painful process which involves many, many, many levels of bureaucracy - from the ad comm itself to the senate of the university....So, even if changes have been suggested, they CANNOT be implemented in any less then three years time....So, don't worry about any rumours that you may here because, even if they were to be true, they wouldn't happen fast enough to impact on many of you.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi guys,

It's good to know that evolution can take place! Hopefully UWO will finally do something about recognizing graduate work among their applicants. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest grandmellon

That helicopter game rocks! I found out that the exact same game is on my helicopter... a good procrastination tool at exam time!

What I heard was that they were looking at dropping the pre-req's and going with just gpa and mcats, which would make it easier for some people to get in :rollin but like you said who knows?! They are always proprosing stuff... sorry about the delay in follow-up.. but apparently it doesn't mean anything anyways... 0] (Back to planet pluto)

Guest aneliz

I won't deny that it has been suggested...although it is not the only suggestion and it is FAR, FAR, FAR from a done deal....and it will be absolutely YEARS before it could be implemented IF it should be chosen as a viable option.

And with that, I think that this discussion should end. It has reached the end of its usefulness and is quickly headed towards confidential admissions committee business.

Andrea

Archived