Premed 101 Forums

Dental Loan

Guest crawfordcam

Guest crawfordcam

Hello Guys

As most of you have been doing, I have been researching the various rates and terms for dental loans over the past month. I have found a superior rate and term from the RBC, CIBC, and Scotiabank ones mentioned in other forums.

I would be more than happy to email correspond with anyone who has questions.

Let me know,

Cam

Guest Braces2005

Hi Cam.

What does CIBC and Scotiabank offer that's better than RBC? Is it comparable to RBC's prime and monthly interest payments. RBC also has a 12 month grace period to pay back the principal and you can take out as much as you want up to 150 000. You get a no charge visa card and 25 free debit transaction as advertised on their website.

At the moment, based on what everyone is saying I'm going to ask for prime. What percentage of the repayment does each bank demand upon graduation?

Thanks Cam.

Sincerely.

• 2 months later...

If your repayment is not prime, tell your banker that you'll switch to another bank; you have no idea how much bargaining power we dental students have. Try to deal with banks that have people that specifically deal with dental students and their tuitions, they know that we get to have prime on our LOC and repayment. Ask around, and remember don't simply go to the branch that's closest to your home.

Archived