Premed 101 Forums

U of S Changes Inprovince Pool Requirements....

Guest forkdork

Guest forkdork

Yep... You now have to have lived in Saskatchewan for 4 years to be considered as an "in province" applicant (raised from the 2 year requirement).

This totally screws me, I was born in Alberta and came to the U of S for university. Now I am entering second year and was planning on applying this year (as I would have been considered in province based on the previous requirements) and they changed the damn requirements this year.

So I am going into second year with a 87% average, I was hoping I would just have to pull another 87 or so to be competitive for admission but it looks like i'll have to try for 90's atleast..... Wow does this suck>: >: >:

Guest uofmpredent

Move to Manitoba...go to U of M or U of W or Brandon U...you'll be able to enter as a Manitoban 2 years from now, instead of 3 more years in Saskatchewan.

Just a crazy suggestion.

Guest cavityfiller

Why don't you challenge the rule?

I know of some of my classmates who are in situations where they applied last year as residents & didn't get in and now are not residents.

Uof Sask should have been smarter about changing this rule. They should have only made people who are moving into the province this year under that rule.

That sucks man.

Guest forkdork

Yeah, maybe I should round up my posse and go pay the admissions department a little "visit" ;)

They definately should have posted a 1 year notice of the rule changes so that people in similar situations wouldn't get screwed over.... sigh... its depressing.

Guest cavityfiller

hello

Ya I am not applying to u of s anymore though. But I do know of many people who are challenging the rule. A lot of people are quite fed up with it and I do think strongly if many people challenge it, they will have no choice. Well atleast that's what my friends think. I would reccomend it.

It's unfortunate. best of luck

Archived