Premed 101 Forums

should I apply this cycle or next until I complete 4th yr?

Guest smooth operater

Guest smooth operater

1st yr grade: 77.8%

2nd yr grade: 79%

3rd yr grade: 74.2%

4rd yr grade: will start 4th year this Sep.

Given my current average for each year, do you think that my grades are competitive enough to apply for dental schools this upcoming cycle?

I am very interested in UBC since I live in BC. Do you think that my grade is competitive enough for UBC for this upcoming cycle? Or should I hold my application off until I finish my 4th year and let UBC take the best 3 years given that I will do well in 4th year. Thanks!

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

just apply. at least if you apply u still have a chance.

dude i can't believe u always ask the same thing. Just apply already lol...

What do you have to lose? some money? And if you are afraid of spending money.

OR ..why don't u just quit while you're ahead and just go get a job...

no point in going any further. don't ask just do. and stop wasting ur time thinking. YOU WON'T MAKE IT just give up...

OR JUST APPLY.

Dentists are not people who dwell upon things, at least with regards to their career. Just do it. If not you will never get anything done.

Guest Bigheadbebe

UBC do have some restriction on number of interview being granted. Unless you have strong set of other scores/experiences. Throw your best dart in when ready. However, ppl do get in with 75% range if they do well in DAT/Interview etc.

Guest yellow

From what I recall, UBC will accept the november DAT score from the year you apply. However, because the application deadline is usually around early november, you probably won't have a chance to view your DAT scores before deciding whether to apply or not. The november DAT scores usually come out mid December.

Archived