Premed 101 Forums

Housing in Toronto

Guest johnny888

Guest johnny888

I was just wondering whether anyone has stayed at the Residence College Hotel in Toronto? It's a block north of the dental school and it offers a student rate of only $650/month. Any comments would be very helpful :)

Guest scrubbed

Hello,

This post is from the U of T medicine forum. Based on the comments there, The Residence wasn't well received.

It looks like there are quite a few sources available to look for housing, so I hope that you are able to find something.

Guest Tonick

Johnny888, I've heard bad things about the Residence College Hotel... Apparently the rooms are microscopic, basically 4 white walls with a bed, and most don't even have windows (if they do they are like keyhole sized). It's like an insane asylym. I heard this from people working at Mt. Sinai in Labs on short term placements.

It's also a pretty depressing location, on one side there's the Toronto General Hospital emergency dept. (ambulances all night), on the other side there's a charming parking garage, and across the street you've got an office building and Sick Kids Hospital.

If you can, do yourself a favor and caugh up a few extra $100 a month so u can live a little more comfortably bud. Find a place on Bay, or if you're on a super tight budget and don't mind walking a few minutes try living south of College street between Spadina and University. Lots of affordable low rises there. :)

Guest Tonick

haha, there is one at McCaul and College, nice and close to Dentistry and right next to O'Grady's Pub, where u can get amazing wings...(and see Tonick's picture up on the wall) haha

Archived