Premed 101 Forums

Academic Average

Guest Tristan25

Guest Tristan25

Hi all,

Sorry for my ignorance but when a school says they look at your Academic Average for the DAT, which sections of the test does that actually entail (Bio, Chem and Reading?) or does it include carving or PAT as well? Thanks.

Guest Tristan25

Thanks Dentin09,

I was asking because the admissions offiicer at UWO told me that they will likely be looking at the RC section as well as the Academic Average scores on the DAT when considering who gets invited for an interview (along with GPA of course) next year - she said that would likely be ratified at the next council meeting. I e-mailed her back to ask if they will put any emphasis or minimum score on PAT and carving and am waiting to hear back...

Guest tamkhan1

uwo will place emphasis on rc. for carving, i wudnt worry too much. i failed carving with an 11, i think; still got an interview at western. so concentrate on pat and rc. but this doesnt mean you shud not practice carving at all. my overall dat score suffered big time cuz of carving; i just didnt have enough time to prep for that section. so ONLY and ONLY if ure short on time, skip carving and focus on other sections. otherwise, spend plenty of time practicing ure carving skills cuz other schools, except uoft, will look at ure carving scores

Guest Adversary

Is it me or does anyone else find that a certain author is leaving behind a string of useless comments with bad grammar? One wonders if the poster is trying to boost up his/her post numbers.

Archived