Premed 101 Forums

Questions about admissions

Guest pat2010

Guest pat2010

Hi, my name is pat and I’m a graduate student at Queen’s. I graduated from biochemistry in 2004 and my GPS is around 3.87. I have general questions about my chances in getting into dental school. I completed my DAT’s back in December and I got an 18 and 11. I have almost 2 years of volunteering at a dental clinic. I also volunteered at hospitals, youth camps and research labs and I have almost 3 years of research experience. Can anyone comment on my chances in getting an interview? I would also appreciate it if anyone can give me some pointers and advises about improving my chances in getting into dental school. Thank you for your time and help.

Best wishes,

Pat

Guest salvarsan

hey,

I would say that your chances are very good. I had approx. the same GPA as you and my dat wasn't the greatest (i had an 11 in carving and a total score of only 89). Still, I received first round admissions from both toronto and london. Just prepare well for your interview.

Good luck

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

"I completed my DAT’s back in December and I got an 18 and 11"

Maybe tell us your DAT scores in a way we can understand.

Carving:

Perceptual:

Bio:

Chem:

Reading:

Your GPA is decent.

Guest tamkhan1

at uwo: if ure MARK avg is above 80% for one year, and your dat is a 90 with atleast a 19 on RC, you'll most likely get an interview.

at ufot: i dunno; 3.5 is a pretty decent gpa, but I think uoft would require a little more for an interview. i never applied to uoft; maybe someone who did can help

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

3.5 is too low for most schools across Canada. You'll want to fix that if you want a decent shot at getting in.

Guest pat2010

Thank you guys for your replies are great suggestions. The brake down of me DAT schools is the following

Reading= 17, Bio=17, chem.=20, pat=15 and curving=11.

I also have another question concerning the GPA calculation; do universities look at the sum of all 4 years or at the last two years?

My GPA goes as follows

First year 3.1

Second year= 3.8

Third year=3.95

Fourth year=3.95

Thank you and have a great day.

Archived