Premed 101 Forums

Course Load at UofT dents

Guest qw1222

Guest qw1222

What is the course load of first year students like? Is it 9-5pm. How much homework/practice a day is recommended?

I was thinking of working while attending dental school. The work isnt a lot, its 6 hours a week spread 2 days, but it does pay for rent!

I was wondering if it is possible to WORK and get pretty good marks.

I went to undergrad at UofT, and I know how difficult they make your life here...

Guest qw1222

this question has been asked below, sorry.

but i was wondering for those of you who have worked + gone to school. Do you recommend it?

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

I'm sure you could do dental school and 6hr/wk work if you had to.

Look at is this way:

1) Very low interest loans are available to dent students. You could work 24 hours a month to pay rent during dental school, or pay with a line of credit now, and then pay it off in 1 hour doing a root canal later.

2) Dental school isn't just about the classes. There are tons of social events, extracurricular activities, and research opportunities you'll be missing out on.

Give it a shot. My guess is that you'll quit your job in the first month.

Guest Aplusdent

How does the research in dental work? I mean...do you do it during the school year on top of your course load or is it in the summer? Do you get credit/paid for it? How do you get the position, just ask the prof who's in charge of a project you like? I've done some microbio dental research in undergrad, so i was wondering what it's like in dent school.

Guest TheRetardedOneDDS

There are lots of research positions available. Some are paid, some are just for the learning experience.

Archived