Premed 101 Forums

Which textbooks to keep for DAT...

Guest Dentalady

Guest Dentalady

Hey guys,

I just finished my 2nd year at UTSG, and was thinking of selling some of my books from first year. I guess my question is which (if any) biology and chemistry books would you recommend I keep for the DAT preparation. i.e. molecular Biology? Evolutionary Biology? Organic Chemistry? Physical Chemistry?

BTW I am planning on writing the DAT in November 2007.

Thanks alot

Guest Labby Labberson

Well first of all there is no organic chem on the canadian DAT so go ahead and sell that one. Everything else you mentioned is covered though. I don't recommend that you study for the bio and chem with textbooks though cuz textbooks have way too much information and you dont want to waste your time studying things beyond the scope of the DAT. It is first year level bio and chem so you will have seen everything before. Buy one of those bio/chem review books that they make for MCAT/DAT preparation. It has only what you need to know and it helped me score over 20 on those sections.

good luck

Guest Adversary

Indeed, sell them back while they are still using those editions. It's not worth it to lose all the money. A Kaplan DAT book is adequate. The exam's easy especially when you have done those courses.

Archived