Premed 101 Forums

UofT Dental School Acceptances

Guest qw1222

Guest qw1222

Just got in!!!

GPA: 3.84 (best 2 years)

DAT: 110+

UWO is still my first choice (I think)!

Edit: They are making us pay a 2000 CND deposit to hold a spot! Frig, I hope UWO sends their acceptances soon!

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hey, Congrats !!

I am afraid there is a chance you might need to pay for the deposit, becoz according to that crazy long thread on UWO interviews, ppl were saying the acceptance will come out at late June. The Top 15 applicants however will be notified soon. When is the deadline of the deposit? two weeks?

Congrats again~ dang, that reminds me of my waitlist last year at UofT...grrrr....

Guest blingbling

In as well!

GPA: pi

DAT: pi + 1

Waiting for UWO, more to see if they offer any $$$. In my mind UofT is tops, but money sweetends any deal.

Congrats to all who got in, and gluck to those who shall be applying again next year! Keep at it.

Guest Audio

HOLY FREAKIN @#%$. i just got into UofT. I can't believe this. I'm going to go get drunk and have sex @#%$ YEAH

the reason i'm shocked is cuz i have a 3.73 GPA, DAT of 22AA and 19 PA, and I thought I messed up my interview. I don't believe this. I better pay the deposit before they realize they made a mistake :o THis is such great news cuz i had my deposit for UPenn due this week.

Guest wishywish82

way to go guys!!!

Damn Audio I wish i lived in Ont b/c I've got those same stats maybe I'd be a U of T guy as well!!

I'm still waiting on Dalhousie.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey guys,

CONGRATS to EVERYONE who got in, it;s FINALLY OVER my fellow brothers and sisters. I GOT the EMAIL as well, I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!:rollin

Good luck to all those who are still waiting, and for those who received unfortunate news, no worries there's always next year or if ur waiting for other schools good luck as well...

Me

Guest uoft Chemistry

To: Meddream: #5 is excellent Man, consider urself IN!!!! as well, last year UT went to spot 31 on the waitlist, so u got a preety decent spot. I wouldn't worry to much if I were you.

Johnwoo: So is it gonna be UBC or UofT?...

Kelly dentist: I guess we will be classmates after all, CONGRATS!

Guest Gattuso19

Hey people,

I got accepted today as well. UofT is my number 1 dental school choice so I am happy. Hopefully we meet during orientation week.

Good luck on everything else and maintain that 2.7!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sensodyne

hmm...seems like a lot of the people on this board that went to the uwo interview this past weekend got accepted into u of t. so who's already decided to go to u of t and who's still waiting to hear from uwo?

Guest blingbling

I know if I hadn't gotten in, I probably wouldn't have posted in a post where everyone is stating they got in.

Just something to think about ... this post is probably a bad reflection of actual results.

Guest Tonick

Congratulations everyone! I'm just as happy as you guys, as these acceptances can only help my situation at McGill and Western! It's a win win! But again, I'd like to extend my congrats to all the future U of Tians as you've worked your tails off to get into the school with arguably the highest GPA cutoffs in all of North America.

Oh and for all non U of T undergrads that got in, don't be discouraged by the ugly appearance of the Dental school. As a UofT undergrad myself, I can tell you the main campus is one of the most beautiful around and is only a few blocks away, has great study space, bla bla.

Happy drilling! :D

Guest tamkhan1

wow, the whole ezboard crew got into uoft..that makes us the most 'intelligent' board of north america:rollin

congrats to all! i wish i'd applied to uoft, too. now, all you guys, please drop ure uwo spots..haha

Guest BeEasyy

Hey guys,

Congrats to all who got in!!!! I got #6 on the Waitlist, which is quite nice considering my freakin DAT score and messed up interview...

GPA 3.85 (dropping the worst year, OMSAS, I think)

DAT AA18, PAT 20

Interview = @#$%@$%

but I dunno how the chances are of getting the admission since ALL the standards have practically changed this... well I am keeping my fingers crossed. So are all the ppl here have already decided on U of T dental? is anybody thinkin of Medschool as the first choice?

Also, could ppl who got in/waitlisted kindly post their stats for the future reference of students who will apply next year.

Thanks and congrats once again. (hope to see you all next year :lol )

Guest Massari

OMG I can't believe it, I got rejected by U of T. Yes my dreams of not going to that school have come true! AHHHHHHH I didn't even get an interview. My hopes truly lie with UWO.

Guest uoft Chemistry

Hey BeEASY,

There are actually quite a few # of people on here still waiting for their med school final letters, I personally know 4 who might not even deposit the 2K because they had 5 or 6 med school interviews and just confident about spending their money there. There's definietly lotz of chances once the med school acceptances/rejections go out. I certainly will update u guys on things as the weeks go along. Good luck and we're all hoping for the best to u.

Me

Guest snowweiwei

hi people, this is my first time posting here, but i have been visiting this forum several times before.

my gpa is 3.89 BUT

i must did bad in my interview, and i got waitlisted very far away...:( 37th...

but my dat score was QUITE low too...

so the chance of getting in must be small. this is the only dental school i applied, and i didnt apply meds./.\

just wanna say congrats to all who get in. AND I AM A THIRD YEAR U OF T STUDENT. So maybe i will see some of u when i go to visit that dentistry building at times:)

I think i will apply again not this coming year, but the year after if i dont get in this time.

Guest BeEasyy

you still have some chance, last year wait list went up by 35 spots.

However, if you don't get in this year, I think you should apply again next year. There is no harm in applying (except for the application fee which I think it is worth it). Usually you have a better chance second time around, at least for U of T, I know this is the trend...It will show them your persistance and interest in the field and on the rare chance that you don't get in again, your next application will even have more chance. So, if need be rewrite the DAT this summer, ur GPA is very fine.

My DAT score wasn't good at all either, and my GPA OMSAS scale is a bit lower than yours, and I think my interview was S#$%...but since it was my second time applying, I think I got a better rankin on waitlist.

Best of luck :)

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

congratulations to those who got in. You got into the best dental school in canada. If you decide not to go, someone will gladly take your spot. That's pretty much all i have to say.

Hi every one, I got in too.An dcongrats to all who got in. And to those who are waiting I'd say keep up the positive spirit cause u never know. U of T was the only school I applied and I didn't apply to meds cause I knew I wanted to do dentistry. So, I'm super happy and I hope I'll see you guys all on the orientation day.

Cheers

S

Archived