Premed 101 Forums

DAT SCORES

Guest toothy1985

Guest toothy1985

ok ok, so I am guessing they might be in my mailbox today.... I am freaking out... every morning , i have to run back and forth to the mailbox to check it for that CDA enveleope but no chance so far. Sometimes, I even think of just walking up to the mailman's truck and asking him for the mail for my house.... but that would totally freak him out so I stop at that thought.

So ppl on the East coast are few hours ahead of Ontario, so if anyone receives it, please let me know!

Thanks!!!

Guest power2005

Well...if the CDA doesn't lie, then given that they said 6-8 weeks, the scores should be in our hands either Monday (tomorrow), Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday...(no mail Friday).

I'm hoping for Monday, but I think I've given up predicting when they will be in. I'm trying not to think about it because each of the last 5 business days have been a disappointment...with each successive day being that much more disappointing...lol!

Oh the harsh reality that is life.....full of disappointments.

The ironic thing about this is that once I do see my scores I will probably wish I hadn't :x :o:( :eek :rolleyes

Guest uofmpredent

how did you guys feel about the feb dat? the people i've talked to and i thought it was easier than the november one. i wonder if they're having a problem with too many high scores and they're trying to work it out.

Guest wishywish82

I don't think they adjust the scores regardless.

15 is suppost to be the median score and one would expect following a normal distribution the mode, they don't do this or they haven't in the past.

Guest sensodyne

it doesn't matter how easy the exam is. the scores are scaled and so in the end, difficulty of the exam won't matter (as long as it's not toooooooo easy then you'll have a ceiling effect)

Guest power2005

I called the CDA today and they answered with, "6-8 weeks after the test is written with the scores being out at a maximum of 8 weeks".

This lady didn't seem like she knew too much about it, but I felt like saying...NO SH*T!!!!!!! lol

Was she mocking me? Anyway, based on her response, they should be out no later than Thursday.....

Guest yuliam

I wouldn't say that the Feb DAT was easy, i found some questions were way too specific (sesecially bio), but than again I didn't write the november DAT so i can't really compare it. I guess we just need to wait and see.

Guest SaturnsMoons

Hey,

I'm new to this forum, tho I've been reading it for a while. It really helped me prepare for the Feb DAT, my first try.

I live in Montreal and just got my scores in the mail today! I didn't do as well as I hoped....and I seriously don't understand how I got a 4 in carving!!:eek I mean, my planes were smooth, measurments were good, it was symetrical....I didn't even get blood on it. Either it broke along the way, or I need a reassessment of my talent:b

What's the min DAT requirement for McGill?:\

Hope everyone did as well as, if not better than, they hoped! Good luck!

Guest Aplusdent

I wrote the Nov. DAT and also had a low carving score (15)...I seriously don't know what happened...I had an extra 2 min at the end to look over everything to make sure it was all perfect and I checked all the dimensions and measurements and thought for sure I'd get something in the mid 20's at least....I was totally surprised with the result they gave me...I tried emailing them to see if it was possible to see the raw score (how I did on the criteria they use to grade..smooth planes, correct orientation, measurents...) but they didn't even answer my question and gave me the link to the CDA website....duh....i've already been there many many times...and didn't find the answer. So I'm guessig they don't want us to see the raw scores (even though it would help everyone a lot as far as studying for the second try since we could focus on what aspect of the carving we messed up). I seriously carved 21 pieces of soap, which I thought I had mastered and then I got a low score....wth...i finished the test thinking that I had done marvelous (especially the carving) and was very disappointed once the standardized scores came out...is there any way to see any of the raw scores for the test..even to see how many questions we missed? I think it's really odd that we only get to see the standard scores...it's very frustrating.:rolleyes

lol....the website changes the word c-r-a-p-p-y into @#%$....so i had to change @#%$ score into the milder "low score" :lol

Guest power2005

Mine were in my neighbours mailbox...

Reading - 21

Bio - 19

Chem - 18

PAT - 18

Carving - 14

All things considered I think I am pleased with those scores. I was really nervous about bio and chem (would like them in the 20's, but oh well). The reading is a bit less than what I thought (I thought I did really well) and that PAT is right around what I thought. Carving is not great, but my cousin got into dal with a 10.

I don't think these scores kill my chances, but if I don't get into Dal this year I know I will be able to improve all sections because I really didn't prepare as much as one should.

Guest tamkhan1

those score arent bad at all, man. esp reading...check out the uwo interview thread and see how reading has completely bombed some peoples chances of making it to uwo dental:b

Guest toothy1985

tamkhan1, are you already in dental school? what sort of dat scores did u get in nov.dat? have u applied to american schools?

I am having trouble applying to US dental schools as I am a psyc major, in the faculty of science, at York university and I am trying to find "science" profs to write me a Letter of Reference. Some US schools dont consider psyc a science and I dont know what to do. I cant get any from my science profs as they are not my best marks and plus the classes that I took science in were huge.

Any advice?

Archived