Premed 101 Forums

DAT SCORES

Guest toothy1985

Guest Chowchilla

okay, so i just got back my scores. this is ridiculous. i thought i'd done well on the carving (my second time doing the test) and i got a lower score than the first time! i hate this test. >:

Guest GuerreroToothpaste

I have been watching these forums for a while now. I needed to point out one thing to all of you on here:

No one knows how the dental schools pick their students. There are ideas, but there are no certainties. No one here works for the admissions board. The reason why pre-dental students don't know what the schools are looking for is so that everyone is at the same level. There are nothing but ideas as to what is weighed for admissions.

Just do your best, and try your hardest. If it is something that you want, you will get it. Regardless, everyone does well on their DAT scores, and they don't need to be posted on here all the time to have others reassure you...face it, you did fine.:P

Guest predentalguy

Guerrero.. sure no one knows exactly how the admissions committee picks there students. However, that shouldnt deter people who have insight or are current students to say what has worked for them.

At the moment UWO has a 25% interview 15% DAT and 60% GPA. I think that is a good start.

As for everyone being at the same level?... buddy that doesnt make much sense. If you do your research.. do past questions.. ask around you are DEFINITELY in better shape then someone who hasnt done any of that.

Sometimes people need reassurance for feedback. For instance this year the min for UWO interview was an 18 or 19. It fluctuates from year to year.. and without asking each other ... someone wouldnt know that info who is applying lets say next year..

In the end of the day.. everyone has there own comfort zone.. some people need reassurance some people dont.. if you are not one of them just let it be... haha

Whitestrip...

if things are not clear.. u should clarify... if not then someone will eventually point something useful out...but there is no need to make such sweeping generalizations.

cheers

Guest uofmpredent

Finally got my scores today! Pretty disappointed in the bio/chem and carving (Ha! That's half the test! LOL!) Here they are with november scores in brackets...

Reading-22 (21)

Biology-16 (16)

Chemistry-15 (17) don't know what happened there!

Perception-21 (18)

Carving-16 (17)

Pretty happy with the reading and perception. Really need to study the old bio/chem section though!

Anyone else? Any other Manitobans out there?

Guest yuliam

Man it looks like i'm the only one who really did poorly on the RC (and carving as well). My scores are

Bio -19

Chem-19

RC - 17

PAT -20

Carving 11

US schools are my only chance.

Guest tamkhan1

toothy, i have an interview at uwo, on the 22nd. only applied to uwo this year.

as far as everyone being on the same level is concerned, i certainly agree with predentalguy, here. do your research and see how others, who havnt done so, compare to you. i never did any research when i came to canada. just packed my bags and got on the plane:b . had no idea of how competitive dentistry is, in canada. didnt even know which schools offered dentistry :b . i hadnt done any research at all.

it was only during my 3rd year, at uoft, that i actually started doing some research on dental schools. truth be told, i come from a country (Pakistan), where people dont even know of uoft that much, let alone places like uwo. mcgill is, by far, the most respected canadian school, in south asian countries. and i happened to be in the same pool of people. applied to uoft, got in, packed my bags and came to t.o

if i had to do it all over again, i dont think id chose uoft. id rather go to mac or york.

so research def. helps, A LOT. above all, when you know what dental schools want and what their cut offs are, you are much more motivated. im a lot more motivated right now, than i was a year a go; simply because i know what cut offs i need to meet, and how much effort i need to put in.

Guest gord on we ir

I just got my scores yesterday; they were locked in the University mailroom all weekend (fri and mon too, since it was easter). It was nice to have two finals on the same day I got my results back though. Or it wasn't. Looks like it went pretty well though.

I have to admit, I cheated; God was helping me a lot. That's the best tip that I have.

reading 23

sciences 23

perception 27

carving 30

Archived