Premed 101 Forums

to transfer or not to transfer to UWO

Guest sensodyne

Guest sensodyne

I just found out that I got 30.33 on one of my interviews this year. Having looked at previous posts, I know that the u of t avg interview score for last year's entering class was 29 and for western, it was 83.5. First, does anyone know whether that 83.5 is the percentile score or the percentage out of 35?

30.33 would be 86.7%, but who knows what that would be in percentile if I were to transfer this to Western. Do you think it would be a good idea to transfer this score to Western or should I do the interview again?

Guest opnbsp

Hi sensodyne, will you be willing to share what your percentile ranking for the interview portion was for UBC. I'm trying to decide what my raw score may have been and just want some sort of comparison.

Thanks

Guest Gattuso19

I would definately send that score to UWO. How did you come by that information anyway?

It's above average so I would use it.

Good luck

Guest opnbsp

Further, I realize that your score you mention may not have been from UBC, but either way I assume you did well on that also knowing you were accepted (I think).

Thanks again.

Guest sparhawkbeans

sensodyne...what was your percentile at UBC?

I'm also thinking of transferring my scores to UWO...but a percentile isnt concrete enough for me...jackie said i was 78 percentile...but what score would that be?

Guest sensodyne

i have no idea what my score from ubc would be. the score i mentioned before was from another school. i wouldn't transfer my ubc score anyways--I was in the 38th percentile...I know..low but I still got in, so I couldn't care less.

that score was from u of a and they tell you only your raw score. i wonder what ubc has got to hide by not telling us our raw score though.

Guest sensodyne

no clue but must have been well over the avg. i didn't ask Jackie b/c i wanted to know just my interview score. I know...I was lucky to have gotten in w/ that kind of interview score. Thank goodness for the rest of my application.

Guest predentalguy

ya sensodyne... i think to make up ur mind u just gotta evaluate what your top choices are... if UWO is low on ur list... then wasting the time to go all the way down may useless... whats ur first choice/

cheers

Guest sensodyne

oh i'm going to transfer my score. i realize now that although i could score higher by doing another interview, i could also do far worse.

actually, uwo is up on the top of my list and then u of a would be second. i'd love to stay in vancouver, but i'll be dropping my ubc spot if i get into one of these 2 schools. I don't want to leave, but I will if it means I get more clinical experience and save a ton of money. who knows what will happen w/ alberta or western though. maybe i will be one of your classmates johnwoo. there's still also a chance that i'll be in the same lectures as you, but as a med student. i'll decide that at the end of June provided that i'm not wait-listed anywhere. fyi, i don't care about the 8900 anymore...I got over it.

Archived