Premed 101 Forums

Anatomy or Physiology for DAT?

Guest Neither03

Guest Neither03

Hi guys, I have a choice to take either anatomy or physiology this summer. I'm going to write the DAT in November. Which course will help me the most for the DAT?

Guest sensodyne

pretty much neither. you just need your basic bio and gen chem...i suppose physio would help a bit but you're not going to have a huge advantage by taking it.

however, you should know that couple universities including u of t and uwo require physiology now. so even if it doesn't help you much for the DAT, you should still take it. anatomy will also help once you're in Dental school.

Guest power2005

I wouldn't say that. Either course would be beneficial.

Some of the bio questions on the Feb DAT were really specific...such as a question about endometrium and bones in the arm (anat) and action potentials / smooth muscle (physio). Probably about 5-6 questions of the 40 will come from anat and physio.

It is definitely not just general bio...then again, different universities teach different intro stuff in courses....so depending on how well your intro courses prepared you i guess.

Anatomy is probably easier for your GPA...mostly memorization, whereas physiology is alot of understanding and integrating.

Guest tamkhan1

id go for physio. i havnt taken any anatomy course so far, so i wudnt know much about it. plus, with a physio course, you wont have to write the challenge exam for uwo:lol

and on that note, uoftians, hows ana 300y ?

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

how about neither and enjoy your summer and study for the material relevant to the DAT? courses did not help me, it was studying the direct material that helped.

Guest Bug2ooth

i would take physiology. I took physiology in the summer before I took DAT, and it made studying the science section so much easier. It was pretty much review to me. Almost half of the stuff was covered in the physiology course! Thats my opinion!!

goodluck

Archived