Premed 101 Forums

UBC interview?

Guest ChinaMan2004

Guest ChinaMan2004

Hi all,

Knowing that some of us might have gone to the UBC interview on the 4th, does any one mind stepping out and share about his/her experience?

I have heard feedbacks from current dental students who had been interviewed at UBC lasy year, or the year before... and they are surprisingly contradicting!!

So those who have had it already, either on the passed Saturday, or had it before... your inputs and sharings might be a nice relief or head-up for those who are yet to attend:smokin

Thanks so much!!:rollin

Chinaman

Guest johnwoo19

Hey Chinaman,

I had my interview on Saturday morning. It was pretty much your standard dental interview, nothing out of the ordinary. The people there seemed pretty accomodating. My interviewers were quite pleasant to talk to, I did not find that they were preoccupied with writing notes the whole time as I had read in previous years' posts, but they seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I did not speak to many people after the interview, but I think that pretty much everyone had a good experience.

Guest Adversary

I can tell you that a good or bad feeling does not correlate with how well you did. I have colleagues who think they did good and MANY MANY more who think they did extremely bad, even failing the interview. Yet, here they are in UBC Dentistry, obviously with a successful interview.

How you feel and what you think is subjective. You may not know what a good interview is and think you were awesome or you may have a high expectation of yourself and felt you didn't meet it. As for your scores, they can be subjective as you are curved. Yup, you are ascertained against all the other predents that the interviewers saw that day.

As I believe, do your best and prepare well. If you truly don't belong in Dentistry, then it will show and you will probably not get in. Remember, this interview is a chance to assess you as a person. All those years of extracurricular will help you. And all those years of being a nerd under a book will hurt you (exceptions of course). Just relax and THINK before you speak. Good luck!

I also had my interview on saturday. I don't feel too good about how I did, as I think my nerves got the better of me. As others have iterated, just be yourself and relax. All three of my interviewers were very kind and accommodating. ;)

Best of luck to everyone! :)

Guest ChinaMan2004

To Adversary:

I agreed with you! I guess when I was posting this thread, I was feeling a little intimidated. Because I had some bad experience about CDA style interview last year at U of T. Asking this question was merely an attempt to hopefully calm my stressful nerves..:o

But yes, I do believe that it is more of the preparation and my true characters that will set the difference;) I appreciate that!!

Thanks to Johnwoo and yellow~~at least I know not every UBC interview was as scary as what my friend told me!! that's a good news!!

Everyone good luck!!! and good luck to me!! I will have my interview this Sat~

Guest Adversary

Hi ChinaMan2004,

I only wanted you to realize that if you ever feel bad about your interview, it doesn't mean you did bad. I have come to realize people have higher expectations than is necessary. Anyone who feels bad should set those feelings aside and wait. The waiting is about a week to a week and a half so not long! Be proud you got the interview!

Guest ChinaMan2004

Yeah, like the reply title suggests, thanks to all of you out there for the encouragements^^

I am sorry I am late in replying, but yeah, I had my interview at UBC, and let's not worry about whether i think it's good or not, as feeling doesn't serve as a good estimater:hat , but this interivew surely was the most peaceful one, like I totally feel this peace in my heart THRU-OUT!!!

I hope i will see all of you pre-dent later this year, and you know where I shall meet!!:b

Let's all wait for the big answer now....

Archived