Premed 101 Forums

Prep Kit and Feb. DAT

Guest Nick1983

Guest Nick1983

I just put an order in for the CDA prep kit and I'm wondering if it will take more than 3 weeks for it to arrive? Also, do you think spending a week on carving is enough???? I almost regret registering for the DAT this Feb. knowing now that I have 4 midterms that same week!

A week on carving while studying for 4 midterms? Thats not much prep time.

You should go to your university bookstore and see if they have a IQ publications DAT prep kit for sale. Try to buy the one with the soap (carving chalk is pretty much pointless). That will get you going until your prep kit arrives.

A lame carving score can really limit the schools you can apply to. You can always re-write the DAT again, but you may as well give it your best shot this time round.

Good luck.

Guest uoft2005

yes agreed.

Unless carving is your hobby , that'll be pretty hard.

I spent a lot of time preparing for carving and i got 20.

just get the basic techniques down and look at some examples offered by iq pub...

i only wished i took a look at the iq pub..

on the actual test, i was like WTF @ the illustration b/c i never encountered it before..

Guest Nick1983

Thanks.

I recently took the American DAT and scored 20AA, 21Chem, 19Bio, 17PAT - I know the CDAT doesn't have organic nor math, and the classes I'm taking this term are mostly bios. I don't even think I have time to study hardcore for those sections again. Ok now I'm really worried about carving, I should start practicing now?

I was never able to find any soap from IQ pubs. As far as I know they only sell blackboard chalk, and then for much more than you would pay at Office Depot. I would check out www.predentlab.ca for soap before ever buying chalk. IQ does however have a pretty good carving book with some practice figures. You should be able to find it in your university bookstore.

Archived