Premed 101 Forums

screwed up GPA this semester

Guest Meddream

Guest Meddream

Does anyone know if UOfT and Western look at the marks of the first semester or not?

I just got my marks and my GPA is screwed by my marks in the first semester. I'd appreciate any help!

UofT doesn't look at your current year but if you get really @#%$ marks i.e. Cs, they might take your offer of admission away.

Wester does use your current year in the final decision. They won't use this year's grades for interview determination but will use it in June when you have to send your final transcripts. If you already have 2 years around 85%, then you'll be ok for Western.

Guest Meddream

Do you know if UOfT calculates the GPA for interviews based on my first 3 years plus this 4th year semester?

I'm from UOfT, so I didn't send them my transcript. They are gonna check online which I guess has my marks from this semester also on it.

I'm just very freaked out:(

It's not a C but still drops my GPA a lot!

Nope, they don't use your current year...AT ALL. The only way it comes into play is if you bomb your 4th year and they take away your admission offer. Otherwise, your current year plays no role for this cycle.

Don't worry, you're still set for UofT and probably Western

Guest Meddream

Hey Thanks.

I think you would have a good chance too. I know your GPA is lower than what is the norm but your DAT scores are pretty good and if you calculate 2 best years I'm sure you'll be fine. I hope we be classmates next year. Thanks again for the help!

I'd have to have an excellent interview at UofT to get in but, at least I'll have a shot with an interview (if all things go as expected).

I feel like I have a better shot at Western. My best 2 year average will hopefully be around an 86-87 and my DAT scores are right around their average so I have a decent shot there too.

Good luck, I'm sure we'll be in dental school somewhere next year. It's a great profession, congrats on picking it!

Archived