Premed 101 Forums

Bachelors at a Canadian College

Hey everyone!

I’ve just got in my PT rejections for this cycle and am feeling a little down. I wanted to ask advice on if anyone has been accepted or knows about an acceptance for someone who holds a 4 year bachelors but at a Canadian College as opposed to university.

I really screwed up in university and ultimately ended dropping out. I then went on to complete a 4 years bachelors in recreational therapy, finishing with a 3.9 GPA at a Canadian College. I also had hands and and volunteering experience in the PT field.

As I consider if I should try even applying for a third round, I’m wondering if I’ll ever get an acceptance just based off the fact that my degree is from a college.

any thoughts??? 

thank you guys in advance.

I have a 4 year bachelors from a college and while I didn’t get accepted - I was waitlisted at a couple of schools, so it shouldn’t be a factor in your application :) if you are curious, I would recommend reaching out to the admissions departments at some of the schools to discuss it further.