Premed 101 Forums

US SCHOOLS

Guest toothy1985

Guest toothy1985

Hi all, I am wondering if I should apply or not and would appreciate it if anyone can provide some feedback. I cannot figure out how to convert my GPA into the one ADSAS does. I go to york university and their instructions are so vague. US schools look at SCience GPA and BCP GPA and overall GPA, but is psychology considered a science, at my school it is.. any suggestions?

thanks

I think that you're pretty late in the process. I don't even know if it's worth applying now unless you have some really really kick ass scores. Schools send out acceptances on Dec. 1. Check out which schools you have a shot at this late in the game. For example, UOP and Case are definately out of the question.

The problem is that AADSAS is so slow it'll take at least 4-6 weeks to just send out your application to schools (if you're lucky). Then the schools, which are completely swamped with applications, have to get to your application. Another problem is that there have never been so many applicants for dental school in the US.

Call the schools to find out which ones will still consider you. Talk to the admissions people. They'll usually be straight with you and ask for your GPA and DAT and tell you if you have a shot or not this cycle.

Good luck applying.

I don't think Psychology courses at York are considered Science courses because Arts, and Science students can take the same Psych courses up to 4th year. You CAN have a Psych major count as a BSc IF you take other biology courses, etc. at York. However the courses itself probably would not count as Science credits for AADSAS.

Archived