Premed 101 Forums

How do you get a low mark in carving?

Guest qw1222

Guest gettingin

The first time I wrote I got a 4 (&%^$^) on my carving....I did not break my chalk, and finished all 3 components. I admit that my angles were not great, but my planes were all flat. I have NO IDEA how they mark it. I definently thought I was going to do better than a four!

I am not too excited about carving on Sat., and wish that we got the results sooner.

Guest wishywish82

you really must of butchered it to get a 4. are you sure you carved it with the correct symmetry, b/c i know if you totally mess that up you lose like 15-20 marks.

Guest slysniper

Maybe your soap was broken during delivery. I ve heard that happen and my friend who was a an awesome carver, got 16. He was saying that that year most people got below 15 who wrote it in Calgary.

What I dont get is that how they blame it on you if it is broken during the trip to Ottawa

Guest gettingin

How did they know that it was broken in shipment. I thought that mine might have been, because I really didn't understand how it was that bad, but I thought that you couldn't inquire about the chalks at all.

If I am rewriting this stupid exam, becuase someone ELSE broke my chalk in shipment....argggh!

Guest johnwoo19

Yea that would majorly suck. The problem is that I don't think you can dispute the mark - there's no proof that you broke it or that it was broken during shipment, if it was even broken at all. I guess what the previous poster was trying to say is that if you were previously an awesome carver and reproduced the same caliber of carving during the test, and ended up getting a 15, it makes you wonder.

Guest slysniper

Tell me about it. On the exam they say if something happens to it during the shipment, it is your responsibility, so you have no choice but to wrap it up good and pray to God it gets there safe. :smokin

Archived