Premed 101 Forums

US dental schools?

Guest h00091048

Guest h00091048

Hi there,

Could someone please list those US dental schools that Canadians apply most?

Which US dental schools accept the Canadian DAT? Please list them.

Thank you

www.adea.org/links/default.htm

This is the link to all U.S Dental Schools. Research them on your own and find the info you need. People spend hours and even days researching specifics, and they won't be willing to give away information just like that.

But to set you on the right track, focus on the Private Institutions. They are just as likely to accept a Canadian as they are an American.

Guest h00091048

Thank you both for your replies, I've already checked the ADA web site, but what I wanted to know is when Canadians decide to apply to US dental schools, which schools are among their choices?

Guest Adversary

Well, it depends on your reason for applying. Some students apply to US because they want to go to a top american school while others do so because their grades are not good enough for Canadian dental schools.

I have friends going to New York and Pennsylvania which are top schools and I have friends going to Chicago and Seattle because they had no chance at Canadian schools. However, keep in mind for most american schools, you are looking at spending $50,000 US/year.

if the school in pennsylvania is UPENN, then that is def. a top school. There aren't any top schools in NYC. NYU is the easiest school in the US to get into and Columbia's dental program is nowhere near the top.

In regards to Pennsylvania schools:

U Penn is a good school, U of Pittsburgh is ok too, Temple is very student friendly but in a very very ghetto area in Philly "Your'e moving in with your auntie and uncle in Bel'Air".... It does however over a joint MBA program for those interested.

Guest kellyl20

NYU...easy to get into, just pay your way in, many canadians there that can not get in Canada, big classes, not top notch program

Boston...easy to get into also, many canadians

Washington State, Seattle...very good school, hard to get into

Temple..

Archived