Premed 101 Forums

good idea to apply for dental schools as a 3rd year student?

Guest smooth operater

Guest smooth operater

I am going into my 3rd yr undergrad this fall. Do you think it's a good idea to apply as a "practice" run and hope for some kind of miracle with my current cumulative 78% average?

I doubt my application will be strong. I have not even found a science prof to write me a LOR and have not wrote the DAT yet.

But my friend told me it is always good to apply as early as you can, so if you don't get in the first try, your chance increases the next try cuz the admission committee would remember you from last year. Does it sounds like a good advice? Anyone applying as a 3rd yr undergrad with this kind of mentality?

THANKS!:P

You could apply blindly and do the DAT in november hoping for the best, whats the worst that could happen? You'll lose some money on the application fees but if you study hard for the DAT and do well, you never know. I doubt anyone will remember you from year to year, so don't bank on that helping, but apply anyways and get on top of the reference letters and the DAT

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

of course it is!you never know what happens. having a chance is better than no chance. unless ur GPA is really low, then u really have no chance.

Guest terencemenezes

im a 3rd year student at western

im going to apply to some schools this year too - even if i dont get in i get the praactice and that it makes it easier after fourth

whats the worst that could happen

Archived