Premed 101 Forums

practice DAT

Guest wishywish82

Guest wishywish82

how well does the actual DAT stack up to the practice DAT given by the CDA?? I'm know the practice DAT is an old DAT but one would imagine they would put an easier exam in prep material.

Guest Dent08

The type of exam questions in the practice DAT is a good representation of the degree of difficulty and the type of questions that will show up on the real DAT.

Remember that the actual DAT has 3 reading passages with 50 questions in 50 minutes, not only 1 as in the booklet. I found the actual PAT section more difficult than the practice ones, and for sure the carving design is MUCH more complex than the one the CDA gives in their booklet.

Otherwise, as Dent08 said, the bio and chem are at a similar level -- you will be able to answer most questions if you know your general bio and general chem well.

Guest Tonick

I found the practice DAT science questions in the Kaplan Book harder than the actual exam so don't worry. Bottom line is, you will be prepared for the test. The most important thing is to set up a routine, for 2 weeks ahead of the test wake up early, the same time you would for the test and do some practice tests in the morning. Believe me it helped a lot! Good luck!

Guest gindy01

the iq publications are really good for practice they're not way to easy, like the one the cda gives you, also if you use the kaplan book, those practice tests have really easy percep, i found the barons book to be really good and most acurate for all of the sections..hope that helps..

Guest wishywish82

well when i wrote the practice DAT to see where I was I got a 28/40 on the bio and a 29/30 on the chem. I'm finding the carving difficult and I don't know how one can study for the reading comprehension and PAT.

Guest Dent08

For the reading comprehension, just set a timer and make sure you can do the practice example in the amount of time they give you in the real DAT.

Same with perceptual.

Guest gindy01

yah for reading the topics are never really hard its all about how fast you can read and how much you can retain cus the questions are usually all fact based out of the passage so jus work on finishing on time, writing like one or two key words for every couple of sentences, on the side of the passage kinda helps when you gotta look back..

Guest slysniper

What is the DAT Preparation Kit? The website says it has the DAT Preparation Manual. Is this the same thing that you guys are talking about which is a one complete DAT exam with only one reading section instead of 3?

Archived