Premed 101 Forums

Realistically speaking. Med School for me?

I'm 29, no children, I currently work with cinema related activities as an actor, festival coordinator, production assistant and so on.

Realized I'd like to attend med school, got into one in France for 2022 because I have a French BAC L but chose to go back to CEGEP and study documentary film making. 

I have some CEGEP credits and some Uni credits. Might finish a degree first and then go back to CEGEP to redo natural sciences. How hard or easy are the health sciences? It has been a while since I've studied them...

For the background, I was born in Canada, but raised in Norway, moved to Costa Rica before going back to Canada when I did primary school, we then moved to Bulgaria and I attended Stanislas for 3 years until 2008. Was lauréat in mathematics, cross-country and member of the theatre troupe, got my Brevet but the administration didn't accept me into lycée because I had been absent a lot. Redid my troisième in Norway, tried the Gymnas for a couple of weeks, did sciences and we moved to Canada. Started CEGEP, natural sciences and then social sciences at Jean de Brébeuf... Moved to France and finished my terminale with a private lycée. Started Uni in managerial economics, then I went to business school. Tried a drama certificate in Norway and a law certificate in Canada. Went for a DVS in graphic design a started a philosophy BA...

Might be a bit bipolar. Or cyclothymic. Depending on how one sees it.

Scored 62nd percentile on a Wonderlic assessment test (basically it said I could become a secretary), 133 on an anglophone WAIS-IV and 147 on a Francophone WAIS-IV. Not sure how IQ helps but it might be a good indicator of intellectual curiosity.

As for the money, should I try to get it financed with the military if that's possible? Got 39 out of 60 with the CFAT. Not sure if that's enough for them?

paal-3.jpg

The problem with medicine is that you need to actually commit to it, and it doesn't really sound like you enjoy doing that from your bio. I may be wrong, but french medical school is quite different in that the 1st year is a free for all and after that year you write an exam to determine if you get into medical school proper right? If that is what you are talking about, i'd tread cautiously.