Premed 101 Forums

Applying with a disability

Hello everyone! I know this question can be quite personal, so for anyone who’d like to share their experience privately please let me know if I can contact you.

This was my first year applying and I did so as an applicant with a disability. I submitted supplemental documentation through the Centre for Accessibility, and did not receive an interview. I’m wondering if anyone (a) can share their experience applying with disability considerations or (b) has had success applying with a disability? Is it normal to not get any feedback from the Centre for Accessibility? I am really hoping choosing to mention my disability was not detrimental to my application and am wondering how/if I should mention it in the next cycle. What is relevant to include/not include? 

a) I applied this and last year for disability-related consideration. It was fairly straightforward. Last cycle, I did receive an email from the faculty of medicine that my requests had been approved. b) This year, I did not receive any feedback from the program or CfA, but looking at my interview decision, it indicates that my requests were approved. I did not get invited for an interview, but it still shows nonetheless. 

Having a disability is not grounds for having your application disqualified or disfavoured, so you don't need to worry about that.