Premed 101 Forums

UWO Class of 2009

Guest dentist2be

Guest dentist2be

Hey all,

just wondering who my classmates are for the next 4 years. I just finished my bachelors at Western so London is not a new place for me. What about you guys? Lates.:smokin

Guest jughead09

Hey there fellow classmates:) Can't wait!

Did you guys tell Trish your coat size for the white coat ceremony? That should be interesting. I think we may be getting an orientation letter or something in the mail soon.

Guest OldSkooler

I'll be joining you all and I am from Woodbridge. I did my undergrad at UofT. Glad to be at Western fo sho.

We are getting our tuition slip soon and then the orientation package comes.

Holla.

Guest dentist2be

I forgot to mention I'm from Richmond Hill........ya I want the package too....anyone know when the white coat ceremony is?

Guest DreamCatcher

Hello all, I will be joining the group this September!

I am from Calgary, did my undergrad at UofC.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

cheers~

DC

Guest wannabein

Hey dreamcatcher, im from calgary too but I am heading to UofT! What year were you this year? I wonder if I know you! Did u take bcem341 by anychance?

wannabein

Guest nilooo

Hello All;) My name is Nazanin and I am coming from Richmond Hill as well. I did my H.Bsc at U of T, and yeeeeeeeeeees I am coming to UWO. I am waiting for my package as well:)

See you all soooooooooon;)

Guest DreamCatcher

Hey Wannabein,

congrats for UT, it's awesome! and you are from Calgary too!!

I actually graduated last year, and worked for a whole year doing research in HSC building. But who knows, maybe we do know each other! Are you in Calgary right now? Maybe we can meet up for coffee sometimes...

cheers~

DC

Guest wannabein

Hey DC,

congrats to you as well. I have another friend who graduated last year, she just did a one year masters this year, but she is also going to UWO next year for dent! thats awesome, so you will have one friend from calgary in ur program.

I did graduate this year, but who cares. Ive been doing research at HSC for 4 years now...so maybe we do know eachother.

wannabein

Guest wannabein

Yah, she did! one year masters...actually she did it in 8 months...She is a really cool fun girl. sounds like your guys's class is gonna be lots of good people!

wannabein

Guest DreamCatcher

Hey Wannabein,

This is so cool! I will actually have a classmate from Calgary!!!

Could you please introduce me to her? Is she working in HSC right now?

I sent you a PM~

DC

Guest dentforsure

Hey DC,

when are you heading to london? I'll be in montreal by the 8th. I found a place for 2 weeks for now nad i'll do my apartment hunting there.

cheers,

dentforsure

Guest DreamCatcher

Hey dent,

The 8th?! wow, that's super early! my work at the lab doesn't end till mid-august:(

I am thinking to head to london by the end of August, meanwhile, I will do apartment hunting here ( I know, it might be a bad idea looking for a place without actually being there:(

Are you thinking about 1 bedroom apartment? or sharing with roomates? Did you talk to R?

Anyway, good luck~

DC

Guest dentforsure

HEy DC,

Ya, I'm gonna rent a bachelor suite. I would have luv to share with somebody...but R found a place already...so for now, i'll live alone...when i meet more ppl after 1st year, then I'll move out and share. Best of Luck with apartment hunting.

Cheers,

Dent

Guest belledentiste

Hey guys,

Seems like everyone has settled for a place..... well, I'm still looking. Anyway, it's great knowing that you guys will be my classmates. BTW, I'm from U of T, Hon. BSc. I'm so happy to be out of there, FINALLY. It's been an agonizing four years. Well, I guess I'll see you all at the White Coat Ceremony. Do you guys know if this is a big thing, i.e. are family members allowed to attend this ceremony or is it just a low-key event for students? Thanks. ;) J.

Guest EatChocolate

Hi all,

Im excited that I will be joining you guys at Western dent. I'm from Mississauga, did my undergrad and got my H.B.Sc at UofT. I will be doing some appartment hunting (offcampus) in early August once I get back from Europe. Congrats to all of you, see ya at the ceremony. :)

Guest nilooo

Hi every one, if there is anyone looking for a place I saw this place last week and it was pretty good, I post the info here if any one want to go and see it. I got the info from Trish.

ROOM FOR RENT AT RICHMOND MANOR

This beautiful 4 bedroom condominium is located in the prime Masonville area. The 4 bedroom house is 3 stories. On the first floor is the first but unfortunately already snagged bedroom. On the second story you will find the large bright kitchen, 2 piece bathroom, laundry facilities, dining room, and very large bright family room with fireplace and entrance to the enclosed deck overlooking the patio below. On the third floor are the remaining 3 bedrooms. The available room is 11’x10’ and gets tones of sunlight in the afternoons. The bathroom is shared with one other person. Rent is $365/month. This house has both air-conditioning, central vac, gas heating, and parking.

Richmond Manor is less than 10 mins walk to University Hospital, 10 mins walk to Masonville mall, and is directly on the bus route. It is also a 1.5min drive to University Hospital, 8min drive to St. Joes Hospital, 10-15min drive to South Street Hospital and less than 20min drive to Westminister Campus Hospital. Furthermore, the house is 5 mins drive/bus to the grocery store, movie theatre, and video store. (Clearly a great location).

The other people living in the house are 1 first year medical resident, 1 second year dentistry student, & 1 second year medical student. We are pleasant & tidy. All of us are female and would prefer to live a 4th female. Please contact me to see this great place at liyer@uwo.ca or (519) 476-7703.

Archived