Schulich Dentistry 2023 Interview Invites

TIMESTAMP: 10:55 am

INTERVIEW OFFER: Invite

GPA: 91.75%

DAT SCORE: 21AA/21RC/19PAT

CASPER: 3rd

YEAR OF STUDY: 5th, in gap year now currently working at Public Health

IP/OOP: IP 

1st place Dental Sci competition, Exec club positions, mentorship roles, 100+ hrs General dentist shadowing, heavy research including paid research at a Hospital, Fulltime paid research at UofT faculty of dentistry, NSERC USRA award at UofT faculty of dent, various volunteering both short and long term

I have got the email!

GPA: 86.5%

DAT: 22AA, 21 PAT, 19 RC,

CASPER: 2ed quartile 

I had one research in the summer, a couple of tutoring positions, different positions at the various student clubs for a few years, volunteering a few years at a hospital and a few years of shadowing experience.

I was rejected for two consecutive years. I can’t believe it! Hope dies last!!!

On 1/30/2023 at 11:43 AM, Beiato said:

I have got the email!

GPA: 86.5%

DAT: 22AA, 21 PAT, 19 RC,

CASPER: 2ed quartile 

I had one research in the summer, a couple of tutoring positions, different positions at the various student clubs for a few years, volunteering a few years at a hospital and a few years of shadowing experience.

I was rejected for two consecutive years. I can’t believe it! Hope dies last!!!

Congratulations!

What do you think you did differently this time around?

Do you always use the same personal statement?

I have 92%, 21/20/21 3Q Casper, 2 dental published papers, work in dental office, to s of shadow and other volunteer work in a variety of settings and other paid work experiences. Just trying to get an idea of what to do next time. Maybe my personal essay story wasn’t too exciting?

2 hours ago, Bonding said:

Congratulations!

I have 92%, 21/20/21 3Q Casper, 2 dental published papers, work in dental office, to s of shadow and other volunteer work in a variety of settings and other paid work experiences. Just trying to get an idea of what to do next time. Maybe my personal essay story wasn’t too exciting?

personal essay are super important for western professional schools. this is the most likely culprit

3 hours ago, Bonding said:

Congratulations!

I'm inclined to agree with @MStudent's reply above. I was pretty much in the opposite situation as you. I felt that my application, save for my RC score, wasn't very impressive, but I felt really good about my personal statement and essays.

6 hours ago, pandamonium04 said:

I'm inclined to agree with @MStudent's reply above. I was pretty much in the opposite situation as you. I felt that my application, save for my RC score, wasn't very impressive, but I felt really good about my personal statement and essays.

I felt pretty good about my personal statement too!lol