Premed 101 Forums

Schulich Dentistry 2023 Interview Invites

3 hours ago, Ms. Chip Skylark said:

TIMESTAMP: monday jan 30th 11:58am

INTERVIEW OFFER: invite

GPA: 87-88%

DAT SCORE: 19RC 21AA 22PAT

CASPER: 1st Q

YEAR OF STUDY: graduated 2020 HBSc, have been working in a medical lab for 2 years 

IP/OOP: IP

this was my third time applying

Congratulations! Way to go for continuing on.

what did you do differently this time?

On 1/31/2023 at 9:12 PM, Bonding said:

Congratulations!

What do you think you did differently this time around?

Do you always use the same personal statement?

I have 92%, 21/20/21 3Q Casper, 2 dental published papers, work in dental office, to s of shadow and other volunteer work in a variety of settings and other paid work experiences. Just trying to get an idea of what to do next time. Maybe my personal essay story wasn’t too exciting?

Hi,

I think my personal statement was really good in the sense that It was personal! I explained my journey and obstacles that I faced. Your stats are really high and You have a shot at this next year.

26 minutes ago, Beiato said:

Hi,

I believe I signed up for this a few days ago and we were chatting. I didn’t check it for a few days. I tried to login and it was just was a blank page. What happened to our group?

You may be referring to the server that a uwo dental student made and advertised their interview prep service. 

The discord server that you quoted is for free peer to peer help. The invite link may have expired. This is a link with no expiry date for the free peer to peer help discord server: https://discord.gg/HXKvX3nbqy

On 2/6/2023 at 4:04 PM, ddstoronto said:

You may be referring to the server that a uwo dental student made and advertised their interview prep service. 

The discord server that you quoted is for free peer to peer help. The invite link may have expired. This is a link with no expiry date for the free peer to peer help discord server: https://discord.gg/HXKvX3nbqy

Thank you so much!

On 2/17/2023 at 2:15 AM, stressedespair said:

can someone let me know how many ECs are the minimum for western? i know they value ecs and essays a lot, i was wondering how many you'd have to have in terms of the bare minimum to be considered

Theres no minimum i dont think. Mind you, if you dont put anything down for EC's, or if you put down one for each section vs someone who has multiple strong experiences/ community involvement (ECs), i think your shots at getting an interview are much lower. 

As far as I know, there isn't a set minimum number of ECs you need to have for Western's Schulich Dentistry program. However, remember that ECs play a significant role in the selection process, so it's important to have a strong overall application. I'd recommend highlighting your most meaningful experiences and showcasing your community involvement to increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
By the way, good luck with your application! On a related note, I'm currently looking to apply for an internship at Crown Dental Group. Have you had any experience interning there, or do you have any tips for the application process?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...