Premed 101 Forums

Cases to review for RADS interviews?

Didnt do Mcgill interview but for toronto they had cases on bread and butter things - common pathologies on chest xrays like pneumothorax, lobar pneumonia (knowing your silhouette sign). We also had like a pancoast tumor question. I think there was maybe an Abdo xray as well (i think it was SBO or something).

Otherwise, they had some anatomy questions.

Honestly I wouldnt stress about it, its usually basic things. If you have done a few weeks of rads electives, you’ll be fine! Also, U of T claims they dont use our test results in their decision making, though it could be different for Mcgill!

Good luck!

On 1/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, UBCmedclass2022 said:

Didnt do Mcgill interview but for toronto they had cases on bread and butter things - common pathologies on chest xrays like pneumothorax, lobar pneumonia (knowing your silhouette sign). We also had like a pancoast tumor question. I think there was maybe an Abdo xray as well (i think it was SBO or something).

Otherwise, they had some anatomy questions.

Honestly I wouldnt stress about it, its usually basic things. If you have done a few weeks of rads electives, you’ll be fine! Also, U of T claims they dont use our test results in their decision making, though it could be different for Mcgill!

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the reply. It's really helpful.

For anatomy questions, was it general anatomy or anatomy off imaging like CT Thorax for example? Because those two things are different skills haha

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

As per the above responses, it would not be unreasonable to expect anatomy and cases with straightforward findings/disgnoses on X-ray and perhaps CT (highly unlikely MRI). If you really need material to prepare for this, a quick read through of Herring's Learning Radiology could be useful, if you haven't already done so for your elective rotations. 

Scep