Premed 101 Forums

timetable

Guest babycaninez

Guest babycaninez

hi, i was wondering if there was a course timetable available for 1st year dds at UT? i've looked around the website but i can't find anything with timetables or sessional dates. thanks! :D

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

You are quite interesting.....you are going into first year with one month left to go and you are worried about starting already? Will u also read ahead? honestly, save ur effort for after O-week. Just enjoy yourself for now, believe me U of T is NOT easy. No matter how prepared you are, they will always find a way to screw with u. Just enjoy yourself and take care of your tests when the time comes.

Guest babycaninez

lol i WISH i had the will power to read ahead. i'd really just like to know what to expect in terms of hours, when do finals start, and more importantly when do they finish, etc. (e.g. how late do classes go on fridays? how many hours per week?)

i know it's not going to be easy, but you kind of have me worried now. is u of t significantly harder than other canadian dental schools?

Guest sweetyork

I don't think many people can compare dental schools for the simple fact that they don't know about any school other than their own. However, UofT does have a tendency to make things complicated. Being in UofT dental school means that you will always come up short. Unlike undergrad (where we all shined), it is rare that you will ever fell ready for any thing. (Yes, I just generalized, but it's a safe generalization.) However, don't be afraid. It's a learning process. Everyone makes it and so will you. The trick is to stop caring.

As for your schedule, you can make a post asking for 2nd year UofT students to give you their last year schedule. Put the request in the title of the post. The schedule rarely changes, so you'll have a pretty good idea. I could have given it, but it's been a while (so I have forgotten).

Hope this helps you fell less worried.

Guest QuestionMan23213

babycaninez,

im also starting at UT and am having the same concerns as you... how much spare time will we have... will we make it through? haha. I dont have a strong background in science so that also worries me a bit! :)

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

first year is quite flexible but make sure u understand what is going on and get hold of past tests. U will have a lot of down time. It is all about past tests, no matter how much u prepare, if u don't have the past tests u will not know how to answer the questions.

Archived