Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2023

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, anon128785943 said:

I have a quick question. I heard the february 14th rejects were strictly cutoff based, but my GPA is 3.79 (my omsas gpa is 3.81, but I heard uoft doesn't count particular courses like summer ones or winter 2020) and i didn't get a reject. does this mean I made it pass cutoffs?

Well the minimum GPA cut off for undergrads is 3.6 so yes, as long as you had anything about 3.6 you met the cutoff. This doesn’t mean you will be guaranteed an interview but you made the file review I would imagine. 

6 minutes ago, hopefulpremed9 said:

Well the minimum GPA cut off for undergrads is 3.6 so yes, as long as you had anything about 3.6 you met the cutoff. This doesn’t mean you will be guaranteed an interview but you made the file review I would imagine. 

The 3.6 is the minimum to apply for UofT but the cut off varies from year to year depending on the application pool. I think he meant that he made the cut off for this cycle.

4 hours ago, anon128785943 said:

I have a quick question. I heard the february 14th rejects were strictly cutoff based, but my GPA is 3.79 (my omsas gpa is 3.81, but I heard uoft doesn't count particular courses like summer ones or winter 2020) and i didn't get a reject. does this mean I made it pass cutoffs?

Maybe but that doesn't guarantee you are going to get an interview invitation. I checked the 2022 interview threads and some people got the rejection letters in March, after UofT sent out the 3rd round of invitations.

TIME STAMP: February 24 @ 2:26pm

Applicant type: MD or MD/PhD? MD

Result: Invitation!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!

GPA:  3.94

MCAT: 514

ECs: I am a healthcare professional with many years of clinical and leadership experience in Canada and abroad; I have also supervised students and residents.

Essays: I think they were good.

Year: Non-traditional applicant. 

TIME STAMP: February 25 2:25pm

Applicant type: MD or MD/PhD? MD

Result: Invite

GPA:  3.87 (For those with a lower GPA, there's definitely hope!)

MCAT: met cutoffs

ECs: unique and diverse, strong on research (2 pubs, multiple abstracts), advocacy work, competitive music and sports. Filled all 32 spots. 

Essays: spent 1 month writing and got feedback from multiple med students. 

Year: final year MSc 

• 3 weeks later...

TIME STAMP: March 13 10:09 AM

Applicant type: MD

Result: Invite :)

GPA:  3.97 OMSAS GPA, 3.99 cGPA at UofT

MCAT: met cutoffs

ECs: 1 pub in progress, a lot of volunteering with children with special needs, an NSERC USRA, 1 sport, lots of hobbies

Essays: Liked mine because i talked at length about my research in underserved populations

Year: 5th, though I graduated last year technically. I'm still doing courses.