Premed 101 Forums

Transfer students to U of T or UWO during year 2

Guest Tonick

Guest Tonick

Does anyone know if U of T or UWO accept transfer students from U.S schools during year 2 of dents? I read the U of T site and it said some years they don't accept any. If there's any current UWO or U of T students out there I'd love to know if you've heard of any transfer students. I heard a friend of a friend transferred from NYU to U of T, I'm just wondering how often that happens and under what circumstances.

Would it be easier to transfer for e.g if u had been previously wait listed by the school?

Guest kellyl20

NYU to UT second year...that is true. There was a space b/c a person went to med 1st year ie starting over again at another province. I know this b/c person from NYU was in my sibling's dent class and then went to school in my other sibling's med class.:)

Person was not on wait list.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, transferring from any school to UT or UWO, the biggest requirement is that someone within the program somehow leave the program or get hold back a year due to poor academic performances. Otherwise, if no one leave, no transfer for that year.. Good luck

Guest pazas
I know this b/c person from NYU was in my sibling's dent class and then went to school in my other sibling's med class

lol that's an interesting coincidence.

Guest kellyl20

Yes, he was so so smart in the first two years of med b/c he had done it all already in his dent class at my sibling's UT dent class. But, even footing in 3rd year of med.:)

Archived