Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance/rejection date

Hi! I‘ve read a few posts made recently that speculate we will likely hear back late in the month. One person mentioned that they had emailed admissions to ask a few questions and received an automated response that noted letters would go out “mid to late March”. Another post mentioned that invited typically go out after med 1 & 2 reading break and CARMS match day. I believe reading week ends on March 17th this year and CARMS is March 22. So, I would guess we are gonna have to wait a couple more weeks unfortunately :( (of course this is all just speculation!)

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, medgrad23 said:

where is everyone prediciting the release dates?! in previous years this forum has been brimming with anxiety and nervousness!! are you all just super chill?! what is happening!?!

I know, right! I check this forum like 10 times a day to see if anyone else has posted something lol. It's all I can think about.

Average # days from interview to release date (excluding 2020) for last 5 cycles (2022, 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017) was 114 days, with SD of ~9. This puts us somewhere between sunday march 19 and April 4th. So more like March 20th and 31st. (this is admittedly based off a relatively small sample size, but I was unable to find interview weekend dates for prior app cycles easily online). 

CARMS will likely also impact. Shortest number of days between match day and release date, from 2015-2019 inclusive, is 4 days with average of 11, Standard deviation of 4. (2021 and 2022 had match days in April). This year match day is March 22. arch 22 + 11 = April 2. We know it will come out in march. So, April 2 - 4 = March 29

All data points toward Monday march 27th - Wednesday March 29th. 

They almost never come out on Monday, so I would guess March 28th or 29th. 

But of course this is entirely speculative based on historical data, and anything is possible.

38 minutes ago, idontwantausername said:

Average # days from interview to release date (excluding 2020) for last 5 cycles (2022, 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017) was 114 days, with SD of ~9. This puts us somewhere between sunday march 19 and April 4th. So more like March 20th and 31st. (this is admittedly based off a relatively small sample size, but I was unable to find interview weekend dates for prior app cycles easily online). 

CARMS will likely also impact. Shortest number of days between match day and release date, from 2015-2019 inclusive, is 4 days with average of 11, Standard deviation of 4. (2021 and 2022 had match days in April). This year match day is March 22. arch 22 + 11 = April 2. We know it will come out in march. So, April 2 - 4 = March 29

All data points toward Monday march 27th - Wednesday March 29th. 

They almost never come out on Monday, so I would guess March 28th or 29th. 

But of course this is entirely speculative based on historical data, and anything is possible.

Thank you for this!

23 hours ago, lluvia said:

I think in the "thank you" video that they played on Kira talent after the interview, the dean said the results will be out in the final week of march. anybody else heard the same thing?

The entire interview process is a blur.. that notwithstanding, I have a few very clear memories etched into my brain of all the things I regret having said :(