Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2023 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

On 3/31/2023 at 6:47 PM, MEDPSY said:

TIME STAMP: I don't know

Result: Admitted with condition !!!!!:D

Casper Quartile: 2nd

GPA: 4,21

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): A very nice experience with warm evaluators and a friendly atmosphere, my bachelor's degree in psychology and my experience in helping relationships helped me a lot.

Current year of study: Psychology

IP/OOP/International: RSPP

Comments: I prepared myself 3 months in advance for Casper with multiple scenarios and also my typing speed which was around 63 words/min. I had difficulty expressing my thoughts with the short time allotted. As my result shows, don't give up if your casper does not represent your efforts and your skills, you will reach your goal if you persevere and believe in yourself. I'm SOOOOO grateful for the offer I received !! :)

wow amazing congrats!

• 4 months later...

Did anyone score 1st quartile on the Casper but get admitted anyway?

I applied for 2024 cohort and scored so poorly on the Casper I don't understand why!!  So disappointed!

As an OT in my 40s with 20 years working experience, I am really looking to pursue becoming a physician and hoping that I would at least get invited to MMI.  Perhpas my file might be different that many others?

6 hours ago, Fiona said:

Did anyone score 1st quartile on the Casper but get admitted anyway?

I applied for 2024 cohort and scored so poorly on the Casper I don't understand why!!  So disappointed!

As an OT in my 40s with 20 years working experience, I am really looking to pursue becoming a physician and hoping that I would at least get invited to MMI.  Perhpas my file might be different that many others?

Hi! I know a friend who got in with quartile 2. Don't lose hope! Plus, McGill does like to have candidates coming from different areas and backgrounds, so I think your experience is a plus. Good luck! :)