Premed 101 Forums

OOP Waitlist Poll

OOP Waitlist Poll   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Hoping to get a better idea of where we stand! Non-Maritime/OOP Wait List Party

• 85+
    • Below 78

On 3/21/2023 at 5:00 PM, Sunshine13 said:

I’m very curious how many people are actually on the OOP waitlist and how many OOP people that are waitlisted typically get offers each year. There are only 8-10 seats available for us. 

I read on this forum that in previous years 20-25 people make it onto the OOP waitlist. And 10-15 make it off the list on average. But this can vary year by year and I’ve seen threads where 7 or 8 people moved off the list (according to applicants who contacted admissions). Hope this helps!

Let me know if you find any more info! 

10 hours ago, Squizzy said:

I read on this forum that in previous years 20-25 people make it onto the OOP waitlist. And 10-15 make it off the list on average. But this can vary year by year and I’ve seen threads where 7 or 8 people moved off the list (according to applicants who contacted admissions). Hope this helps!

Let me know if you find any more info! 

Thanks for this Squiz! This is more infor than I have seen anywhere else. That half the people on the OOP waitlist might end up getting offers sounds pretty good :)

Not sure if others have seen this document:

https://www.afmc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Admission-Requirements-of-Canadian-Faculties-of-Medicine_2023-2.pdf

Lots of interesting info. In particular though, for Dal it has an acceptance rate (offer of acceptance, including declines) of 3+% for OOP! So if there are ~1000 OOP applicants that means 30 were given an offer! So, 20+ off the waitlist.. Im not sure if I am missing something..