Premed 101 Forums

Is UofT IM considered competitive?

2 hours ago, Samic1988 said:

Why do you think otherwise? All spots filled, over 1250 applicants with only 64 spots, is there a reason you may think it is not competitive? 

Mainly because they are the largest program, and have 51 spots - so I’m curious if it balances out regarding how competitive it ends up being 

10 hours ago, peony1357 said:

Mainly because they are the largest program, and have 51 spots - so I’m curious if it balances out regarding how competitive it ends up being 

Even though Toronto has the largest number of spots, per capita, it actually has smaller than expected. I also wouldn't be surprised if up to half of medical students in Ontario have ties to the GTA. Toronto also tends to also attract the research/academic types, the keeners, those tied to spouses jobs, those drawn by the city etc. so all in all, it probably is competitive. Probably not so competitive that it can be considered incredibly challenging to get into, but above the average is reasonable.