Premed 101 Forums

Princeton Review vs Mcat

Ritz123

Hi everyone, 

I am about to start looking into mcat prep. I am aiming for Oct 2023 test date. I am looking for the right books to buy so I need a couple of questions answered: 

1. Should I go for Kaplan vs Princeton review books?

2. I found Kaplan 2022 books and Princeton review 3rd edition for less on Kijiji or FB market place. Should I buy any of these (they don't come with online practice tests) or brand new from Amazon?
3. Can I start prepping with an older version and buy practice tests separately?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

1.  I used TPR MCAT five years ago and it served me well (520, 131 CARS).  I did use extra resources for CARS but don't remember the name now.  Cannot comment about Kaplan.

2+3. Yes I bought everything second hand from some random girl on FB marketplace.  The stuff on MCAT is basic science, not medical guidelines that change every year that requires the most up-to-date material. 

You can buy whichever edition you want, but make sure you do at least a few full-lengths.

Good luck!