Premed 101 Forums

places to live

Guest cedar05

Guest scrubbed

From a previous post,

just a warning about 'the Residence' - i heard from some visiting clerks (from Germany) that it wasn't very well kept, and they said that they would often shower at the hospital instead of at home because the bathroom (shared i think) was too gross! this was about three years ago - it may have improved since then and i've never actually seen the inside of the place myself.

Guest megustaeso

So to people goin into 1st year next year, where are you living next year? This especially goes out to people who are lookin to party a lot next year, it'll be good to live in an area with lots of meds,

cheers,

Guest Rashka

You really really don't want to live at the Residence Hotel. It's more of a run-down dorm than anything. Very old, dusty, tiny single rooms and common washrooms.

Guest cher002

I take it , it's a "no' to the REsidence then? haha just joking.

Is anyone looking for a roomate? I"ve found reasonable priced (approx. $500/person/month) 3 or 4 bedroom houses for rent near campus. Unless I'm mistaken and the $1550/month refers to each person :eek

2 of them are at Beverley and College, according to the ad.

If anyone is interested in sharing a house, email me at lil_angst@hotmail.com

Cher

Guest kristen

- super huge 2 bedroom apartment, 2nd floor of a duplex

- 1092 Avenue Rd (at Avenue & Eglinton)

- 2 large front rooms, eatin kitchen, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, lots of storage in the basement

- free laundry facilities in the basement

- $725mth including rent, all utilities, highspeed internet and digital cable

- right now I just use my cell phone, but would be willing to split the cost of a landline if u want

- awesome landlady...best one i've ever had! Calls me occasionally to make sure everything is ok and always leaves excessive phone numbers for repair people when she goes on vacation (which I've never had to use)

- 5km from the front door of the apartment to the front door of MSB...I run it all the time, you could also bike if you are one of the crazies who will actually bike in TO.

- #5 bus is a 4min walk from the apartment and drops u off right at the medsci building. I leave the house about 1/2 hr before class starts.

- 10min walk to Yonge&Eglinton subway - also a very trendy area and lots of shopping! As well, the #61 bus comes right at the apartment door and drops u off at the subway too.

- Very good location for PBers who have to get to Sunnybrook.

- 5min walk to the Beltline Trail for those of you who enjoy trail running/biking/blading.

(the apartment beside me is also for rent, exactly the same, and u can view pics at www.viewit.ca/ ViT=28172)

So if you want more info or are interested, call me (416-996-1459) or email (kristenl.brown@utoronto.ca)

Archived