Premed 101 Forums

What Uni Program Should I Accept?

Jon

Hi Guys!

This is my first time on this forum, so hopefully I put this post in the right place. 

I am a grade 12 high school student, and after recently getting rejected from Mac Health Sci (unsurprisingly), I've narrowed down my uni options to three different undergrad programs: Laurier Health Sciences, Western Medical Sciences, and Queen's Life Sciences. 

My high school average is currently 98.5%, and I was wondering which program would be best for helping me reach my goal of becoming a physician. 

1) Laurier Health Sci: 

Pros: Small class sizes, easy to get high GPAs (therefore easier to balance extracurriculars as well), amazing scholarships, good mix of work/parties

Cons: Has a lower reputation for American Med Schools (as well as Canadian Jobs if I want to pursue a diff job and not become a doctor)

2) Western Med Sci:

Pros: Good % of graduates entering med school, good student life, a lot of options to narrow down your studies to a specific field in 3rd and 4th years

Cons: 1st and 2nd years are tough (therefore less ECs too), massive campus

3 Queens Life Sci:

Pros: Similar to Western Med Sci, the program seems a bit easier though

Cons: May be harder to achieve marks compared to schools like Laurier

Right now, I am leaning toward accepting Laurier due to the higher marks, but I am wondering if there is anything else that I should consider when making my decision and would love to hear your guys' opinions on these three programs!

Thanks so much!