Premed 101 Forums

9 minutes ago, Ortho143 said:

Did you change anything about your application or reapplied with the same stats? Thanks!

I updated my personal statement and ECs to add in some shadowing and focused on that a bit more! Other than that, I only added in one more job experience and applied with the same DAT score and GPA. I made sure to emphasize the shadowing and the discussions I had with the dentists in the section where it asks what you’ve done to improve your application! 

4 hours ago, Toothfairy24 said:

Yeah and it seems like they are doing both MMI and SGI interviews on the same day?  

Yeah so they may be interviewing less people? But the fact that on their website its still says “ interviews may be send out 1-5 days before interview” but they sent it 15 days before doesn’t make any sense to me… also comparing to last year it doesn’t seem like many people received an interview.. also HOW is it possible that people who got an interview last year didn’t get one this cycle? Unless UBC has completely changed how it conducts its admission.. I hate that they are not transparent about their process and don’t understand the stress and anxiety they are putting us through :( Toronto and western both sent rejections the same day as they sent invites.. I honestly rather know i am rejected now than wait and be hopeful until the 23rd :(( 

16 minutes ago, Stunext said:

Yeah so they may be interviewed less people? But the fact that on their website its still says “ interviews may be send out 1-5 days before interview” but they sent it 15 days before doesn’t make any sense to me… also comparing to last year it doesn’t seem like many people received an interview.. also HOW is it possible that people who got an interview last year didn’t get one this cycle? Unless UBC has completely changed how it conducts its admission.. I hate that they are not transparent about their process and don’t understand the stress and anxiety they are putting us through :( Toronto and western both sent rejections the same day as they sent invites.. I honestly rather know i am rejected now than wait and be hopeful until the 23rd :(( 

Hopefully that doesnt mean they are accepting less students. Last year they accepted 64 or something.

3 hours ago, Stunext said:

Yeah so they may be interviewed less people? But the fact that on their website its still says “ interviews may be send out 1-5 days before interview” but they sent it 15 days before doesn’t make any sense to me… also comparing to last year it doesn’t seem like many people received an interview.. also HOW is it possible that people who got an interview last year didn’t get one this cycle? Unless UBC has completely changed how it conducts its admission.. I hate that they are not transparent about their process and don’t understand the stress and anxiety they are putting us through :( Toronto and western both sent rejections the same day as they sent invites.. I honestly rather know i am rejected now than wait and be hopeful until the 23rd :(( 

If it means anything, it seems all of the people who have gotten invites are only in province applicants, likely since they have seat priority. The admissions team may just need more time (around 1-5 days before feb 24) to finalize the remaining batch of invites :))

13 minutes ago, ShervinsFlossophy said:

If it means anything, it seems all of the people who have gotten invites are only in province applicants, likely since they have seat priority. The admissions team may just need more time (around 1-5 days before feb 24) to finalize the remaining batch of invites :))

I really really hope so,  Im in province but haven’t heard back :(  Are you out of province? 

4 minutes ago, ShervinsFlossophy said:

Yes! I assume you are too since you didn’t hear back right?

Im in province :(  My GPA and ECs are good but my DAT score isn’t high I guess so that may be why I didn’t receive an invite.. although I know people who got in with lower DAT scores than me last cycle but maybe the application pool is more competitive this year..

17 hours ago, Stunext said:

Yeah so they may be interviewing less people? But the fact that on their website its still says “ interviews may be send out 1-5 days before interview” but they sent it 15 days before doesn’t make any sense to me… also comparing to last year it doesn’t seem like many people received an interview.. also HOW is it possible that people who got an interview last year didn’t get one this cycle? Unless UBC has completely changed how it conducts its admission.. I hate that they are not transparent about their process and don’t understand the stress and anxiety they are putting us through :( Toronto and western both sent rejections the same day as they sent invites.. I honestly rather know i am rejected now than wait and be hopeful until the 23rd :(( 

Yeah I feel like it would be so stressful to get an interview invite 1-5 before the interview knowing that some people got it 20 days before and had more time to mentally prepare.

I received an interview invite last year and was waitlisted, but I still haven’t received an interview invite yet for this cycle (IP). My gpa is 3% higher this time and I had more EC’s/shadowing on my application. Really hoping they’re just sending invites out in batches..

2 minutes ago, DentalDude98 said:

Has this been confirmed?

Id assume that given that the interview date is the 24th, and they mentioned the invites will be send out 1-4 days before interview, ergo there is still hope to get invites by Feb 20th!